Engine types

Hi
I live in Sweden and have some problems with my Micra. It is probably the timing chain since it got the typical P0340 fault code and problem to start.

Since the timing chain change is so expensive i thinking of change the whole engine. Here in Sweden I can get a used engine much cheaper than the timing chain change would cost.

There is just one problem. Most engines out are type CR12DE but according to my dealer mine engine is CG12DE. Anyone knows what the different are between this engines? Can i use CR12DE?

Best regards,
Peder

If you have a K12 then your dealer would appear to be wrong. The CG12DE engine was fitted in the earlier K11 Micras, the CR12DE engines being the standard fitting in the K12 Micras, the earliest ones, 2003 and 2004, were the ones with the stretchy timing chain, AFAIK 2005 onwards engines had an uprated chain to cure the problem .....There is a 85hp CR14DE that was usually fitted in the automatic K12's in the UK, that would be a worthwhile upgrade:cool:

Thanks John D

I have now bought a used engine from a 2007 Micra. Mine is from 2005. Build 200410. I now just have to do the swap.

Back