Engine turning off after redline

Hi everyone, yesterday I was racing and I did some redlines on my Micra k12 2003... After that the engine was turning off after any rev... and also was working like there's some bad spark plugs... I took it to the mechanic and they connected to the computer, erased the error and they told that it happened because of the rev limiter. How can I remove that limiter? And also what are the pros and cons?

The first time I experienced the rev limit was going up steep incline.
I was dropping down and it just felt completely unresponsive so I fully press the pedal and it almost took off like a jet fighter.
Didn't even know of rev limiter till later in the week..
How you can remove the limiter would be through the ECU.
There is little to no information on anything for changing k12 ECU but possibly a re mapper should be able to tell you better what is possible.
It's Hitachi in the petrol engine models...The Delphi DCi can be re mapped and has definite improvements when done properly..
If you happen to be able to hook it up to a computer. With the right software you might be able to disable the limiter.
A spare ecu to test on would be handy so you could check without risking your main unit.
Save an original then try to edit and reflash.

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Yeah removing the limiter is a pretty dumb idea - maybe it'll stop you having it shut off artificially after revving the tits off it, but you'll instead end up with it blowing up when you go 800 - 10k in 2 seconds and all the valves do a little dance on the bonnet, before you send a piston into low orbit. Best way of avoiding it shutting off after redlining is by not redlining, not removing the redline lul

One way to find the ultimate permanent rev limiter when the pistons & con rods crash out through the blockhead for a cheap thrill?

All about Blockheads :cool:

Last edited:
By shutting off do you mean you heard the tone of the engine drop over and over again as it went into the red, or do you mean the car turned off?

If it's the second and it'll hold idle but won't rev very high, could be blocked fuel lines/filter reducing fuel pressure

Back