Engine transplant?

AH.K10

K10/K11
I have a cg13 engine to go into my k10 and was wondering if anyone has used the block and head from the cg13 and the rest like carb/ inlet and dizzy, alternator and wiring ect. ect. from the ma10?

I know machi San fitted cg engine with a modded ma10 dizzy, but he ran webbers before going to efi.
Think bias done the same but with bike carbs :)

You can easily use the injection and the dizzy from the k11. i've done this conversion loads of times for autograss/hotrod race cars, on the non nats ecu you only need the engine loom and you give a live to the ecu, its a heavy white wire with yellow stripe if i remember correct ? you can use the k10 'box and drives etc, you only have to move the mounting on the drivers side. hopefully this helps

The engine I have has the wiring but no ecu. Will the wiring fit non nats ecu? I don't know what it had before. What would you do about fueling? Do I need two pumps for fueling with a swirl pot or is there another way? Lots of help, thanks for the reply.

Up to 95 they were non nats, i'd say your best bet would be to get a loom and an ecu from an early uk model or a jap import in the scrappy, they will both work equally well. as for the fueling i've used an inline high pressure pump mounted under the bonnet, it pumped through a filter direct to the fuel rail and never had any probs. it's a bosch unit made for a Merc 124 series costing about €65

Damo is right, its dead easy to do that way, for road use though i would advise putting fuseible link between ecu and your live feed, 40A should be ok. Also, you will need the larger diameter fuel line from the k11, use the original feed pipe as your return pipe then. External pump certainly the easiest option, just remember to put it well out of the way and isolate it from the body... i.e, in a bracket with some kind of rubber mount....helps stop sharp shocks from damaging it.

How can i make sure what engine i have got? I was told its a 1.3 engine. It is heavy as hell and has a plastic black rocker cover/ cam shaft cover?

I have a pretty good idea on what i need to do with bike carbs. I had some on my k10 for a short while. What problems can you see?

Back