Engine swap

Was just wondering what would be a good engine swap for a1l k11, max 1.4 l non turbo, does not have to be Nissan, open to suggestions, just weighing up options, tia?

The Micra 1.3 Or 1.4. Easy swap And not much to do with wiring Or welding.

Not much feastable options under 1.4 unless your looking at motorbikes but Well Thats a whole different thing.

OP
OP
Soup1

Not much feastable options under 1.4 unless your looking at motorbikes but Well Thats a whole different thing.
What engines from different Nissan models would fit? Almera etc, what cars have the 1.4 engine, not many Micra’s over this way that aren’t 1.0l unfortunately

What engines from different Nissan models would fit? Almera etc, what cars have the 1.4 engine, not many Micra’s over this way that aren’t 1.0l unfortunately

Depends on the amount of fabrication you want to do. There are no bolt in options.

[...].
I am confrunted with an issue - I had a 1997 1.0 dizzy, I dropped in the 2001 1.4 coilpack. Engine, gearbox, accesories, everything. The problem is the wiring is very different and the connectors/pins don't match:

1997 1.0 (old) - 2001 1.4 (new)
Left hand drive - right hand drive
2 connectors on engine relay box - 3 connectors on engine relay box
big 50x70mm connector in fire panel (~30 wires) - 2 connectors in fire panel (~20 wires)

I am not sure how to go about and adapt these. I'm thinking at 3 variants:
1. keep original wiring all the way to the engine, add missing wires if any, cut connectors there and replace with old ones
2. also replace the wiring leading through the fender, inside the car, splice stuff there
3. move ALL the wiring harness from the RHD car to the LHD car, shorten/loop the cables(cluster, fusebox are now closer to the cable entry point ), lenghten the ones that are too short

Can you please advise as to how would you go about swaping a 1.4 coilpack in a 1.0 dizzy?
Thank you :)

Id swap the head And Get a 1.3 ecu with all the nats stuff And Some 1.3 cams. Or Just a 1.3 engine. Easier.

Could be That there is a simple way But the coilpack engine is way different. Also uses another ecu with a different connector. So swap everything Or swap the head And use the dizzy stuff with the dizzy head.

1.4 is already in, mechanically - engine, gearbox, engine loom.
[...] So swap everything[...].
You mean "just" the 1.4 engine/gearbox, or additionally ALL of the wiring in the car (front + back) ?
Because this is where I am now - how much of the new loom to add to the old car. Nothing matches up...

The problem is you are swapping not only a different engine but also a different facelift. That means that wiring is different because of differences between ecu, dash all that stuff. Take the cluster for example. The facelift has a digital speedo instead of the analog one in your 1997 micra. Not a easy swap. But i think you can swap everything over like the dash and such. Lots of work but easier then sorting out the wiring.

Correct me if I am wrong but
Cg13 will run on cg10 ECU from what I have read...

If you had a cg10 with nats (1996 p reg) as a base car and you swapped the block etc to cga and used dizzy head and all original cg10 management would the cg10 ECU run the cga fine? Fuelling etc or would it throw a fit or run lean and be way out of its parameters to run that large of a volume?

Using stock airbox exhaust etc

Sent from my SM-N950F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Does anyone know if you can use the same Engine wiring from cg13 1.0 to a 1.4 cga3 or if you can adapt the wiring both are 2nd facelift k11 micra please I need help asap

CG13 is a dizzy engine. CGA3 is a coilpack. Both use different wiring. A 2nd facelift used a coilpack engine. If you mean if you can use the same wiring if you swap a coilpack 1.0 to a coilpack 1.4 then yes. The wiring is the same for both coilpack engines.

CG13 is a dizzy engine. CGA3 is a coilpack. Both use different wiring. A 2nd facelift used a coilpack engine. If you mean if you can use the same wiring if you swap a coilpack 1.0 to a coilpack 1.4 then yes. The wiring is the same for both coilpack engines.
I have a 1.0 coilpack and I am in the process of swapping to a 1.4 thank you very much do you know if I need anything else I should watch out while I am swapping it you're help would be greatly appreciated

Id also swap over the 1.0 flywheel. And it kinda depends on the budget but its a good time to change the timing chain, check the valve clearance and set if needed, change the crank seals.

Thermostat and valve cover gaskets are also cheap and id just replace those. Esp the thermostat als its easy now while the engine is out and you wont loose coolant.

Also dont forget the gearbox oil. It will leak out if you remove the engine.