Engine swap

Removing everything, i normally get it ready to drop. Support underneath with a jack on the sump, remove rear mount bolts, remove right hand mount and the gearbox bolts. Then prise gearbox off and lift down onto the floor, then undo the front and left hand mount and lift engine out

Just noticed your getting a crane so its alot easier removing and refitting it just takes time messing about with the crane but who said theres a rush? :)
Thanks for that. Never thought about sliding the gbox off and lowering it. This sounds the easiest way so ill try it like that.

Because they are pretty hard to find now days, mostly 1.0l's and if you do find one, probably better to transfer engine into a cleaner 1.0l shell

Me to, my shell is pretty damn good shape for 13 years old, that's why engine swap is happening, if it was manky i'd go try find a 1.3 or buy another shell to do swap

h701micra

Deactivated Account
I only see under mine once a year at MOT time, looked alright last one.
If it rots out I'll just buy another one, whoops .... already got three !!!
I look under mine every week :p I'm ridiculously pedantic about my car maintenance... apart from the family war horse

I look under mine every week :p I'm ridiculously pedantic about my car maintenance... apart from the family war horse
HA, ha, if you actually saw my girl you would be shocked, she's heaving dirty, inside and out, but, mechanically she's pretty well looked after. Serviced pretty much every 5K, a few dash lights on etc, but not worried about any of that, just love driving her.
Been looking at a few XJ's recently though !! if I buy one, I'm keeping my girl - love her too much.

h701micra

Deactivated Account
HA, ha, if you actually saw my girl you would be shocked, she's heaving dirty, inside and out, but, mechanically she's pretty well looked after. Serviced pretty much every 5K, a few dash lights on etc, but not worried about any of that, just love driving her.
Been looking at a few XJ's recently though !! if I buy one, I'm keeping my girl - love her too much.
I don't worry about washing mine :p

Xj engine in a K11 ?

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
8.4 to 60, and thats carrying electric seats, full leather interior, wood dash and enough sound insulation to do a recording studio...

Well I never thought this thread would go this way. So might as well throw my two peneth in. In my kit car days we had lots of hyabusa(1.3), and fireblade(900cc) powered cars. Anyone done this to a micra?

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Oh sheez.... sorry for the thread hijack... didn't even realise :/

Never bothered with a bike engined car because of the lack of torque... did a bike engined go kart though :)

Nothing wrong with the thread hijack. I only wondered as the Micra weight isn't that far off a Westfield. The torque was never an issue really. Especially using the busa engine.