engine swap from 1.0E to 1.2

Hello to all members

I've got a 2003 nissan micra 1.0e and due to previous poor ownership the engine packed in. I've been searching for a while and can't seem to find a 1.0 engine :down:
I found a micra at the breakers and they only had a 1.2 engine. The breakers reassured me that replacing a 1.0 engine to a 1.2 wont be a problem and can supply and fit for £400.

I got the car back and the engine running apart from its got a rough idle and the rev keeps dropping below 1rpm and it kangroos around but seems to be fine on higher speed.
I called the breakers back and they told me they fitted the 1.2 engine as agreed and used parts from my old engine ie starter motor...??
I've never had an engine swap done before so not sure what other parts would need to be changed? Should they have changed all the sensor's including the ecu?:(

OP
OP
K
They would need to install the ecu from the 1.2 engine to get the right fuelling at idle. The tps may also need to be reset.

Thanks for the info. When i took the car back to them they claim the car was running fine and nothing wrong with the engine and blamed the electrical/sensors!

I really need to go back where i got the engine fitted. They promised they could fit a 1.2 engine in a 1.0 micra without any problems but clearly lied to me? They also provided me with a 30 day warranty so it will be interesting to see what they say...:(