Engine painting from £22 and upwards

call me fussy ollie, but don't you have some fan blades missing looking at that pic? Also, my next car is gonna be a mk4 xr3i so i'll send you some pics sometime?

For Antony, this post wasn't entirely useless :D I'm interested in a rocker cover when i get said convertable. I'll probably source one and send you it but not sure on what colour yet, as i haven't got the car yet, so hence i don't know what colour my car will be ;)

EDIT: Actually Ollie, could meet up as i noticed your only in Sheppey anyway, fix that orion! lol!

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
slyboogie..........fan blades? Pic? Huh? What Pic? huh? Hey? Huh? Hey? Huh? Hey?

The Orions Taxed, tested, Insured and on the road. Will be taking it to BD engineering end of the month to get the metering unit adjusted correctly. It's also running a tad too much boost so need to adjust the actuator.

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
and fit the charge carrier.....which is finished. but im gonna hold off to get pics...(as my camera is fudged..lol)

hehe

rocker cover, not aproblemo, why not see what colour ollie is having his..... then have one too..lol

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
call me fussy ollie, but don't you have some fan blades missing looking at that pic? Also, my next car is gonna be a mk4 xr3i so i'll send you some pics sometime?

For Antony, this post wasn't entirely useless :D I'm interested in a rocker cover when i get said convertable. I'll probably source one and send you it but not sure on what colour yet, as i haven't got the car yet, so hence i don't know what colour my car will be ;)

EDIT: Actually Ollie, could meet up as i noticed your only in Sheppey anyway, fix that orion! lol!

I have a spare rocker cover off of my Old 1.6 CVH engine If you change the rocker cover on a CVH though, you might as well replace that horrible cork gasket with a rubber one

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
i suppose i better put up some piccies of your charge carrier...lol

here you go...

at last....

Attachments

• IMG_2339.JPG
    IMG_2339.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_2340.JPG
    IMG_2340.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_2343.JPG
    IMG_2343.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 230
thats right, after a few experiments with my spare rocker cover, i have managed to replicate the Honda K20A Type R crackle red finish to a nissan rocker cover.

i can do you one for just £40 (post-in, paint and postage-out included)

i will clean (nitromors, wire brush etc) untill Gleaming and shiney (you could see your face in mine) will de-grease with de-natured alcohol, Prime with special Etch primer......cure in oven......then paint with a special blend of paint. 6 layers of this paint!! then cure it for 30 mins in an oven.

the finish is very durable, and very sexy.

i can machine the letters down to the "ally" to give a contrast and that "factory look" too.... just let me know.

waiting time would be 2 weeks... allowing for postage and curing times.

let me know and ill send you my Paypal and addy.
thanks

pics soon

Why not buy the black crackle paint as available for mgb dasboards and rocker covers as found on works prepared Rally MGB'S and Mini Coopers Of the 60's.

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
because you cant get it anymore. plus the stuff i have takes upto 700Deg.... and i bet you couldnt tell the difference...

ollie, can you send me your addy please and ill post it to you in the week!

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
There you go fella.

Although now it's brought up how crappy the rocker cover looks!!! lol

Attachments

• _MG_0643-01 (Medium).jpg
    _MG_0643-01 (Medium).jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 252
  • _MG_0644-01 (Medium).jpg
    _MG_0644-01 (Medium).jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 232
  • _MG_0645-01 (Medium).jpg
    _MG_0645-01 (Medium).jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 218
  • _MG_0646-01 (Medium).jpg
    _MG_0646-01 (Medium).jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 231
  • _MG_0647-01 (Medium).jpg
    _MG_0647-01 (Medium).jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 227
OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
well a red rocker is only a postage stamp away.

and if anyone wants theirs doing too just ask.

could a moderator please take the price out of th thread title or change it to. engine painting service from £ 22

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
well a red rocker is only a postage stamp away.

and if anyone wants theirs doing too just ask.

could a moderator please take the price out of th thread title or change it to. engine painting service from £ 22

No, I have to get my hands on another rocker cover first. lol.

I was thinking the red finish with a nice new shiny "RS Turbo" badge

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
Something like this:

f1ea_1.JPG

I'm heading down my lock up tomorrow to see if there's an RS Turbo rocker cover laying around. if not it's fleabay time. Also gives me a chance to help re-build the Series 1 RS Turbo!!!

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
yep, if i can find a badge, i could do a red crackle rocker cover and have that gold badge mounted to the left of the charge carrier.

woul be a little bit more obviously, du to me buying the badge, but not alot, maybe £5...or so.

let me know when matey and ill have it done in a jiffee...

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
Well the badge has a little imprint to go on the LH side of the rocker cover (side ways)

They're about £6 + postage on ebay, used that one as an example, there's others out there.

Hopefully i can find a rocker cover tomorrow

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
rocker covers are £30 in crackle red. just like on the type-r covers. i can cut back the letters too so they stand out in silver...
usualy takes arround a week to complete...

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
i can paint it green, the crackle finishes are in developement (means im tinckering..lol) and you get a painted rocker cover to your door, but you have to supply the origonal.

are the 1.3 and 1.0 cam heads the same?
so for £22 pound you will paint and deliver?

how far are you from northwood/ watford/ harrow area?
and how about shining up the NISSAN? cost?

tamade008

Ex. Club Member
UPDATE:::::

after playing at work with some paint combo's, i am now able to use "chamelian Flip" paint, Chrome paint, Metal flake (any colour), Flashback Gemini (a unique colour designed by me) any colour of metalic or solid colour, Pearlescent hues, Mica colours and Candy paint too.. (so if your after the nissan SR20 standard colour, i can match it)
(still unsure about coloured crackle appart from red of course)[/QUOTE]

Hi. i'm very interested in this, so is it possible can u send me some pic on flip paint one..... and if possible can u also send me some pic on crackle Blue finish pls.

[email protected]
many thanks

tamade008

Ex. Club Member
yeah, i will go and get a rocker for you and then paint it and post it....all for £40.....aint i nice?..lol

UPDATE:::::

after playing at work with some paint combo's, i am now able to use "chamelian Flip" paint, Chrome paint, Metal flake (any colour), Flashback Gemini (a unique colour designed by me) any colour of metalic or solid colour, Pearlescent hues, Mica colours and Candy paint too.. (so if your after the nissan SR20 standard colour, i can match it)
(still unsure about coloured crackle appart from red of course)

Hi. i'm very interested in this, so is it possible can u send me some pic on flip paint one..... and if possible can u also send me some pic on crackle Blue finish pls.

[email protected]
many thanks

Hi there just wondering how much it would cost to get my D16 rocker done in the honda crackle red, but with the lettering and the H cut back to silver and the badge bit behind the H done in black so stands out, i have included a picture of what the rocker cover looks like

rockercover.jpg

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
that would be £35 due to the amount of work involved. but well worth every penny.

and guys i can find my sample pieces. ill have another look tomorrow when im not drunk..lol

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
my e-mail is my paypal matey ([email protected])
and e-mail me, and ill give you my addy.

also. it should take a little under two weeks (to allow the paint to cure and harden) but should be faster.

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
and heres progress of a blue crackle rocker cover....

just on first coat of blue, second coat coming tomorrow, then its in the oven for baking and should be ready for postage in 3 days..:grinning:

Attachments

• SP_A0488.jpg
    SP_A0488.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 225
  • SP_A0489.jpg
    SP_A0489.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 202
  • SP_A0490.jpg
    SP_A0490.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 210
  • SP_A0491.jpg
    SP_A0491.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 226
OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
yup, base coat is on and drying.... takes a while for it to dry....
blue one being detailed now... posting monday.

OP
OP
Antony

Antony

Ex. Club Member
yeah i certainly can.....

yep sammy, yours will be packed with the two cans of blue paint and sent on monday..

pm me your addy please...