Engine oil pressure switch threads pulled!!

As title says, my engine oil pressure switch has pulled threads. I've tried new pressure switch, some sealant , plumbers tape and nothing seems to seal it. It tightens as a normal thread would but still seams to leak by. Anyone ever had this problem before or any suggestions?

OP
OP
Finto_GX
I'm going to try a copper washer tonight and see how I get on. Would I have to drill the hole bigger to accommodate the helicoil so original switcu can be fitted?

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
I'm going to try a copper washer tonight and see how I get on. Would I have to drill the hole bigger to accommodate the helicoil so original switcu can be fitted?
Yes you would, but i think the washer should help, i had an issue like this with an old rally car (Uno) which was solved with either a copper washer or fibre washer. Can't remember which as it was a long time a go!

OP
OP
Finto_GX
Pulling my hair out with this problem was ment to go for cars nct (mot). And had to postpone with this issue.. Hope the washer sorts it. Should I put some sealant on threads as well with copper washer or leave on its own.

OP
OP
Finto_GX
So I found the problem. A crack in my block about 2 inches long. It cracked across the housing for the threads. No wonder it wouldn't seal. Block is out and away off getting welded , drilled and helicoiled with a new switch . let's hope it works .