Engine/NATS info and an Hello

superls

K10 Tuner
Hi all. Not been around these parts for a long while. Maybe some of the older members will recognise me? Is Frank still around?
Just spent 15 mins reading my old blog. Brings back some memories

Anyway onlo my question. I am after some info on pre Nats cars. I want a cg13 engine and loom and ECU for a project. But has to be pre NATS. What year car I'm I looking for? Or isn't it that easy? I'm sure I used to know this but I've forgotten.

Thanks in advance.
Scott

frank

Club Member
hi scott :) its the 94 ish oblong ecu that is pre nats or nats1

DSC_77611475154683.JPG

OP
OP
superls

superls

K10 Tuner
Hi frank. Hope your OK?
Are you still CG Turbo? If so we need to chat. Are the early ECU’s tuneable? With Nistune or whatever it’s called?

frank

Club Member
fine ta scott, anthony bought mine so i,m a diesel van driver nowadays, and yes nistune,s fit those and the later square ecu,s,

OP
OP
superls

superls

K10 Tuner
Thanks for the help frank. I’m ashamed to say I’m a diesel driver too. But I’m glad to be back working on something involving micros again. Or the engines at least.

frank

Club Member
i,m impressed with my current 1.6hdi tbh, same sort of power output as my cg13+t, and all alloy engine and box too,
this was a speeduino for a cg10 apparently, and a few members have used a det3 piggyback recently.
what is the project mate ?

s-l1000.jpg

OP
OP
superls

superls

K10 Tuner
I’ve got an Audi A4 tdi Quattro mapped at 220BHP. It’s my daily driver, 15-18000 miles per year and does it well. My project is actually a Subaru Justy AWD. The original single point injected 1.3 engine is a bit naff on lots of fronts apparently. So my plan is to drop a CG13 in (which I know and love) give her a sniff of boost and away we go. I wish I had all my old spares. It would make this a whole lot easier.