Engine maintenance light ?!

Hi All, I have a question about this light as it has been coming on lately quite alot when I'm sitting in my car in stationary traffic. Like this morning I had just driven 12 miles to a supermarket & was stuck in a traffic jam in the stores car park while my engine was running the engine warning light came on but when I moved away it went out, any idea whats going on ( micra K11 R reg:1998 )? I would love to plug in decoder (ancel AD310 decoder) but this car is series one & when I did get a adaptor plug it didn't work with my coder. I have been told by a mechanic that I have delt with before, that the automatic choke/carb maybe pulling in more fuel than is needed even when I'm stationary. but is this is the answer and would the automatic choke/carb be at fault?

yours Peter0003 Happy Christmas Everyone.

Hi All, I do reallise that I may have answered my own question with the last couple of sentences but can anyone tell me that int may not be that and if so what action should taken to stop the maintenance light from coming on again as it came on again yesterday when I was trying to pullout of a laybay on the A21 .

without retrieving the code you are only guessing peter, there are plenty of obd1 threads showing how to with a paperclip or whatever

Back