Engine loosing power/time to modify?

Hi, about a month ago my micra 1.2L was loosing power when accelerating and wouldn’t get up hills or when going into 4th gear, the power wasn’t there and he car would just basically kangaroo. It would happen within 30 minutes of driving the car. Has anyone experienced this problem and can they suggest what I should do?

I have removed the engine rocker cover to access the throttle body and cleaned it up. I will also give it new spark plugs and air filter and oil change. I am about to put it together however if it is something else, I may as well look at it with the engine cover off.

Also if anyone has suggestions of modifications to the engine as I have the cover off, please suggest and feel free to leave links. Thanks.
14EACA3A-E9FF-4897-A344-73075E19CB9A.jpeg
E3BD18C2-C141-44FD-8F16-5BAA67811E1D.jpeg

Clean throttle body, Change plugs for new ones modify the air box to increase airflow into the engine. Should give you a bit more power than previously had and a better responsiveness.

Have you sorted the problem, I have the same, cleaned TB, new air filter and plugs. After loosing power the engine does not cut off but no power. Turn engine off for a minute then it will go for while. Seems to be better in cold days.

Yeah got the same problem, I’ve just bought new spark plugs, air filter and cleaned the throttle body and just have to find time to install all of it. I haven’t started the car or driven it for two weeks, I will update when I’ve done everything, just waiting on a part as well.

Update

installed new spark plugs, air filter and cleaned Throttle body and went for a 2 hour drive and still Does the same thing, I have decided to sell it

Back