Engine Hunting on Idle

Hi All
I have serviced a Micra c+c 2007 i.e spark plugs air filter, oil, and oil filter. I have now put everything back together, but now on idle it is fluctuating between 1500 and 2000 revs. I have fitted new TB gasket and Inlet manifold seals. I have checked for air leaks Visually as well as with propane and carb cleaner but I cant find any leaks. I have no Engine check lights on.
Could someone please advice as to what the manifold to head torque setting is .
Any other suggestions about the above fault welcome.

Thanks

Hi,

From the Haynes manual for the Micra 2003 - 2010 it tells me that the torque for the inlet manifold nuts/bolts is 6 lb/ft.

There is a note that the centre bolt is the start and finish bolt, it is effectively tightened twice.

Could it be that you need to re-train the throttle after working on the throttle body?

They say so here with the procedure to do so :-

I hope that is of some help, but be careful as I am just looking in the manual and making the assumption that it covers the C+C?

Martin

Hi,

From the Haynes manual for the Micra 2003 - 2010 it tells me that the torque for the inlet manifold nuts/bolts is 6 lb/ft.

There is a note that the centre bolt is the start and finish bolt, it is effectively tightened twice.

Could it be that you need to re-train the throttle after working on the throttle body?

They say so here with the procedure to do so :-

I hope that is of some help, but be careful as I am just looking in the manual and making the assumption that it covers the C+C?

Martin
Hi Martin

Thanks for your reply. I did torque to 9nm , but will try again at 8nm=6 lb/ft .

I did tighten the bolts in a sort of alternate opposite sequence, but not as you've mentioned regarding the centre bolt. That may be the cause of the vacuum leak as it may be creating a slight distortion in the manifold / gasket.

I feel that this a simple fix, but for the life of me I cant find it.

I did try the retrain procedure with no joy, but I'll try it again.

Thanks again

Michael

Back