engine/ gearbox best combination?

george

Ex. Club Member
i currently have a 98 facelift 1.0 and im going to put a 1.3 in it, am i better off keeping the 1.0 gearbox or swapping for the 1.3? also which other parts need to be changed when doing the conversion? cheers

i currently have a 98 facelift 1.0 and im going to put a 1.3 in it, am i better off keeping the 1.0 gearbox or swapping for the 1.3? also which other parts need to be changed when doing the conversion? cheers

yours should have a 1.3 box in anyway george, its only the 14" wheel (later) 1.0, s that have the 4.5 diff in apparently

Nissan used a 4.4:1 final drive in 1.0 litre Micra's from about June 98 onwards
You can just about count the number of teeth on the crown wheel when looking through the drain plug. You need to count 76 teeth for the 4.4:1 final drive, if you count 74 you have a 3.8:1 final drive, if you count any other number, start again.

yours should have a 1.3 box in anyway george, its only the 14" wheel (later) 1.0, s that have the 4.5 diff in apparently

nah frank, the 98 facelift 1.0 box had shorter ratio box...remeber i fitted the 98 1.0 box on my 98 1.3. and it made a big acceleration diffrance (Y)

all 1.3's had the same gearbox. there was never a 1.0 with a 1.3 box fwn

nah frank, the 98 facelift 1.0 box had shorter ratio box...remeber i fitted the 98 1.0 box on my 98 1.3. and it made a big acceleration diffrance (Y)

all 1.3's had the same gearbox. there was never a 1.0 with a 1.3 box fwn

i,m only going by what matt said previously dan
"The best gear box to use is the 1.0 gear box from a 2000 spec Micra with 14" wheels, this has a final drive ratio of 4.4?? : 1 instead of the standard 3.7??:1 final drive. You need the back plate as the starter motor bolts from the other side on the late K11. This gear box uses the same drive shafts as the 1.3 micra."
on this thread
http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=7341
but now its all cleared up eh ;)

yearh the facelift boxs all use the same shafts (1.3 ones) prefacelift 1.0's had the gearbox simlair to that of a k10 witch had weaker shafts :)

Back