Engine Compatibility K12 1.5DCI

I'm looking to get an Engine Transplant done in my Nissan Micra 1.5 DCI (2004) K12.
I'm having trouble establishing which engine it is that I need.

I called Nissan and they told me the car has the following Engine Code: K9K 198044

The problems I need help with:

1) I have no idea what HP the model I own is - does this make a difference to the engine I will need or does it not matter and all 4 different variations (of HP) will work fine?

2) Based on Nissan telling me the Engine Code for my car is K9K 198044, I virtually can't find this engine spare anywhere online. I have found a pretty decent looking K9K 722 model, I wanted to know if this will work in the Micra and if not, which ones will.

I'd appreciate any input.

i think the difference in hp is boost level and intercooler (or non i/c) on the k12,s, there is loads of info on the K9K,s on one of the clio forums iirc

Last edited:
Yes, thank you. However, how do I know the correct Engine Code? I called Nissan and they told me it is located anywhere on the block - there is no specific order. I've observed the engine block and have photographed some stickers but have no clue on the correct engine code.

Back