Engine Check light flashing on a K11 1.0ltr 2000

Good Evening all,

Ive hit a problem with the check engine light now flashing on the dash when I attempt to start the car.

Its a K11 1ltr registered in 2000.

I need to locate the NATS within the electrical system as Im looking to replace the ECU / Ignition barrel / key / key receiver / and the NATS, I changed the ignition barrel as the original key got stuck inside, however since doing so the check engine light now flashes and I cant start the car.

Ive found on eBay replacement ECU's take come with all the bits potentially needed to get back on the road, BUT I cant locate where the NATS is,

Would any one be able to help???

Many thanks John

If you move some pins around in the loom you can fit a non nats ecu if you have a dizzy that is. For a coilpack you need the chip in the key, the transponder ring around the barrel, and the ecu to match.

OP
OP
J
Hi both, thanks for coming back to me on this one.

When you say Dizzy? Meaning distributor? It has the HT leads running to the plugs?

Its reg is 2000 which has the chip in the key, the transponder ring around the barrel, and the ecu.

What pins would I need to remove from the loom to fit a non nats ecu, could I buy the ECU on eBay? as I had found one which was only the ECU with a similar part code to mine.

OP
OP
J
would it be worth me adding some pictures, but Im pretty sure its a dizzy then, perhaps the last of the line before the coil pack superseded it.

If it has 4 plug leads leading to a distributor it’s a dizzy. You need the smaller rectangle ecu. Number 14 is for a 1.3 manual and 10 is for a 1.0 manual. If you search for nats or red blue chip you can find some topics with the wiring info. I think wj made some Posts about this

OP
OP
J
If it has 4 plug leads leading to a distributor it’s a dizzy. You need the smaller rectangle ecu. Number 14 is for a 1.3 manual and 10 is for a 1.0 manual. If you search for nats or red blue chip you can find some topics with the wiring info. I think wj made some Posts about this
where abouts could I find the info on this?
It would really help with the dilemma Im faced with at the moment.

Attachments

• tempImage7FePro.png
    tempImage7FePro.png
    10.7 MB · Views: 123
This is a non nats ecu
1632461597281.jpeg

And this is a nats one
1632461669184.jpeg

you can see the size is really different. The non nats one is smaller. You can also see the number 10 on it. (Non nats 1.0 manual)