Engine Change tips?

Hi guys, I'm going to be swapping my engine and wondering if anyone has some tips on the "best" way to do it?

I have general tools, spanners, sockets etc but if any specific tools are needed could you let me know?

Is it best to take engine alone or with gearbox in one bearing in mind I plan to change the clutch.

Any tips would be great, I'm an electrician so the mechanical side will be understandable but not sure I'll get it right away.

Thanks Pepper

i always pull the g/box to one side and lift the engine over the cross member personally :)

mount.jpg

If its a k12 I think its easiest to drop them out the bottom full engine. And box, and do you take the shafts out frank?

K11, Swapping a Manual block for an Auto block I got for xmas (which my girlfriend bought for me) and I'm just getting round to it now lol! Split gbox from block and pull them apart is your way frank? Is there some nack to it, or do you think a novice would be able to handle this?

Thanks Pepper

Wouldn't taking entire subframe out dropping the engine and lifting the shell be an easier option as the shell weighs next to nothing with the running gear disconnected?

Sent from my  iPad® using Tapatalk HD

Back