engine bush

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
hi there,

i am in need of a stiffer engine bush for my k11

i need the drivers side alloy mount with a stiffer bush, can anyone help me out?

thanks!

frank

Club Member
i fitted some rubber pads to mine ralph, i was checking my wheel balance last week with 1 wheel jacked up in 5th gear @ 60, and when i hit the throttle again the engine felt like it was jumping out the car !
these on the top and side g/box mount stopped it moving forwards and backwards, but there,s still no cabin vibration :)
PB120321.JPG

frank

Club Member
the engine was,nt moving up and down tho paul, nor twisting against the shafts, it was solely bouncing forwards and backwards, there was a 5mm airgap from these stock pads, so about 15mm of movement !
i was expecting a trade-off in vibration.....but none :)

PB120322.JPG

OP
OP
NeX

NeX

Club Member
thanks for the replies guys,

i need to stop the engine moving left and right, i have about 1 cm of clearance and i know the bush won't be enough. i need a really stiff bush like a poly bush, i just don't know if there is anywhere i can get a stock bush.

i don't want to have anything that needs to be press fitted,

i could try and fill the mount but i don't think that would be enough

i need to stop the engine moving left and right, i have about 1 cm of clearance and i know the bush won't be enough. i need a really stiff bush like a poly bush, i just don't know if there is anywhere i can get a stock bush.

Matt Humphries does polly engine mounts Nex (have a look in my blog i've got a pair) they do a great job of keeping the engine still but theres alot of vibration back into the cabin! Franks solution should do the job for you & keep it comfortable, otherwise Matt may have some Nismo bushes knocking about.

Skinner

frank

Club Member

turn it round dude :) they smack out easy if you use the right size socket (and the g/box one it you want to shift that GA over a bit)

PB120323.JPG

OP
OP
NeX

NeX

Club Member
thanks Skinner i will give Mat a call,

interesting idea Frank, but what is to stop them rotating or dropping out again?

rotating it will give me clearance but there will be more rubber, i need it rock solid really.

thanks for the suggestions guys,

frank

Club Member
thanks Skinner i will give Mat a call,

interesting idea Frank, but what is to stop them rotating or dropping out again?

rotating it will give me clearance but there will be more rubber, i need it rock solid really.

thanks for the suggestions guys,
no, they,re a snug fit ralph, so it wont move inside the mount, and some rubber wedged into the 2 offside holes will shift it over some more (and will stiffen it) like i did to my rear g/box mount

rear mount.JPG