Electronic dizzy, possible daft question...

H

Herr_spl1ff

Ok, a while back I put an MA12 into my K10. Have since been sorting random glitches out :laugh: I'm now wondering how much a problem it is running the MA12 from an MA10 distributor. Guessing better than the MA10 points it was on for a couple of months :glance: but still not ideal?

Car is not too happy starting when warm and has very poor top end. I've replaced the air filter, leads & plugs, set the timing & tappets and set the carb up, each of which did it's bit but still not too happy :down:

Any ideas much appreciated!

ma12 should run just fine with a ma10 distributor. This becuase my ma12 runs fine with the ma10's one :) Never did a thing to it lol.
Later on I placed a dizzy with electric ignition and that works fine as well.
Only that one needed another coil which I also took from that pretty dead ma12 donor car :)

Maybe the advance/retard thing is not working properly anymore? Can cause a few problems.
Can test it out by just sucking on the vacuum hose that goes there. When there is no air coming out of the unit it's fine, when you suck in air somethings wrong and the thing needs changing :)
Make sure there are no vacuum leaks at all ofcourse...

Seems like you tried a lot of things already. Difficult problems stuff like this.

Will be soon. Got some alloys to go on which I'm very pleased with (ebay :) ) and some rust to kill on the backs of the front arches then we'll see :)

Cheers Raptor, will go poke at vacuum stuff next :) So long as it's running I don't mind a few things to sort out!

Back