Electric Wing Mirrors....(wiring)

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
Ive aquired some of these from japan, the guy included a wiring diagram of where they all go, just wondering if its a straight wire to wire job? Or should there be a relay somewhere?

Thanks,
Sam.

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
you wil need a fuse, but mirrors dont use much power so as long as you use wires that are the same thickness or more than the original wires coming from the mirrors you will have no problems. a relay is only really for supplying a high ampage. do they electronicly fold in?

how many watts are they?
and when you opened the door card did you find wires for that use,
or u have to pass new wires through the pipe ?
and last what switch are u gonna use?

OP
OP
sammyboi

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
I have the mirrors, with the plugs, wires cut just after the plug connectors, plus the original switch. Yes they are electric folding.
So ill have to fuse the power cable? I've got wires the same size, 9 different colours to make my it easier as there is 9 wires coming out of the switch.

Thanks,
Sam.

I have the mirrors, with the plugs, wires cut just after the plug connectors, plus the original switch. Yes they are electric folding.
So ill have to fuse the power cable? I've got wires the same size, 9 different colours to make my it easier as there is 9 wires coming out of the switch.

Thanks,
Sam.

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
aww man that sucks, it sounds like they will never fit, but thankfully i will take them off your hands for you :D lol

you need a ground and a 12v+ you will have 3 wires from each mirror that do the up and down, left and right. one is common the others are for the vertical and horisontal axis, then you must have some more wires for the electric folding option. same from the switch too

it would be alot easier if i could see pics.