electric power steering?

hi,
has anyone fitted electric power steering to there k10? was power steering fitted as standard to some model? was it leccy or hydrualic?
cheers chris.

if it was, im guess the jap models considering what the haynes manual says, it would be hydro as electric steering is only in modern cars. K11 power steering rack might bolt up, as it suggests on this forum that the manual rack does but they be different.

Well Chris I'm actually going to be fitting the powersteering system from a Figaro onto my own K10. So i'll post up some pictures when i get it done. It's all just bolt-on parts, you just need to make sure that you get all the brackets and stuff when you pick up a system. The only "modification" needed is just to wire the idle-up switch on the steering rack to the idle-up control box under the passenger seat.

All I can ask it why? even when my blue one had 13 x 7 et6 wheels on, it had the lightest steering out of all the cars Ive owned.

ive got k11 13" steels on my k10 and what with these pot holed roads knocking a bit of air out of the front tyres i find dry or low speed turning a bit annoying with no PS....... and ive got 15" biceps :eek: ......grrrr...... :D

PS is a good idea if you can do it cheap.....electric PS would be best i think for weight... Corsa C's have it... other cars have it but some are wire linked to their ecu's for speed related input..:confused:

just read the toyota MR-S has EPS with its own built in ecu :cool:

Back