Electric fuel pump

pork

Club Member
I'm looking further into turbo bike carbs, so, I need more fuel pressure to go into the boost reference fpr, so need an electric fuel pump.

Is it just a case of attaching fuel lines to the pump? Can I leave existing mechanical pump in place? Or would it need removing and blanking off?

Anyone suggest a decent pump?

The carbs are gravity fed so no pump.

From what I've been reading, I need at least 3-4 psi more fuel pressure than boost pressure

Nice write up, could of done with that when I fitted bike carbs on my old k10.

So, I can just replace the mechanical pump for an inline electrical pump. But what about the old pump? Do I jus leave it where it is?

From what other people have done with fuelling for turbo carbs is, you have a electric fuel pump which pumps at a pressure higher than the boost from the turbo to your boost referenced regulator, which has a return feed to the tank.

I'm at the limit of my usefullness now, it might be worth talking to people who build drag bikes they'll have a wealth of knowledge regarding turboing bikes

Haha, cheers mate, got quite a bit of info on most of it now, jus needed to know whether I can leave the old pump where it is, or disable it, or remove it and blank it off.

Jus received ma12 head for mocking up manifolds, got bike carbs on order, engineering firm opposite is making flanges this week too, got k11 hubs and anti roll bars....................but no car yet! :) hahaha.
The mrs is buyin it for me for my birthday to replace last one I had to sell for vet bills, so jus gettin parts and info till right car is found, then slap it all together, simple ;)

well I think you best replace it offcourse. The mechanical pump is attached to your tank and there is no other way to get to the tank inside. Since you have no car I pressume you are using it on a K10? :p well first things first, a few weeks ago i wanted to get the fuel pump out of my K10. But I didn't get it out. If you get to that part, let me know :p

Hoooow now I see it, you mean the pump not from the tank, but the mechanical pump attached to the engine, you can remove that one ;)

I would remore the mechanical fuel pump and the rod that works it (should just pull out ) then make a blanking plate for it.

Back