Electric AND heated mirrors?

Hi everyone, I have a bog standard 02 Tempest and am thinking about the possibility of upgrading to electric, heated door mirrors... am wondering though is there anyone out there with a specced up model who knows if it might be possible to fit heated electric mirrors? Or would I have to settle for one or the other i.e. heated OR electric??

OP
OP
M
The electric ones are heated as standard. I've just retro fitted a pair to my car.
Thanks guys. Smithy... I've seen a Jubilee edition (if I remember rightly) Micra on ebay last night that appears to have the dash switch for directional adjustment for the mirrors (I think I might just settle for pinching the one off of my old knackered Almera before I scrap her) but I'm presuming you have to have a separate switch somewhere to be able to turn the heating element on?? And do you know if Nissan sell these mirrors still by any chance? Where did you get yours from?

Got mine from eBay. Just kept looking. If you want to build them yourself the 98 year ish almera has the same motors and connection. Just unplug them from behind the doorcard. Remove the mirror and unscrew the 3 motor screws. Then unscrew the manual adjuster on your mirrors and replace with the motor. Micra electric mirrors aren't very common. The almera and primera are more likely to have them.

OP
OP
M
Got mine from eBay. Just kept looking. If you want to build them yourself the 98 year ish almera has the same motors and connection. Just unplug them from behind the doorcard. Remove the mirror and unscrew the 3 motor screws. Then unscrew the manual adjuster on your mirrors and replace with the motor. Micra electric mirrors aren't very common. The almera and primera are more likely to have them.
Great... that's perfect as my Almera is '98. What about a dash switch for the mirror heater though, I bet they are hard to come by?

My first post on here!

If the mirror controls work the same as on p11 primeras and 200sx's then the heat function is operated by switching on/off the heated rear window. There is no separate button.

So you'd have to wire a signal lead between.

OP
OP
M
Thanks guys. Steve - thanks for that info... I guess if Primeras and 200s had no separate switch then Micras defo wouldn't have been fitted with one! Smithy - yeah I guess the switch for the directional adjustment for Micras and Almeras are the in essence the same mechanically, and they certainly fit the same size aperture in the dash... only on the Almera the aperture is sited in a landscape fashion whereas on the Micra it is portrait. I think therefore Nissan may have actually manufactured two versions of essentially the same type of switch for each (i.e. one version for Almeras & and one for Micras)... otherwise if they had put exactly the same switch in both Almeras and Micras then it would appear to be on it's side to the naked eye in one or the other model. Anyways, personally it won't worry me too much though if I can't get hold of the Micra one - can always dig out my existing Almera one as a last resort if it comes to it.

Last edited:
Both Almera and Micra were fitted with both types of switch dependent on year. The coilpack Micra's and the later Almeras had the vertical switch. Its these that are hard to come by. The old horizontal switches are quite common. I don't know if these are interchangeable.