Eibach Sportline Kit

Hi,

I bought the eibach sportline kit for my 160 SR and although the ride is ok there is a really nasty clunk from the front suspension struts at low speeds when i go over pot holes and speed bumps etc. I have checked all the bolts and they are all tight but i did notice the mechanic who fitted them did not use the yellow bump stops which came with the kit, I was wondering if this could be the cause??

Any feedback from people who have fitted this kit would be much appreciated.

Manny

Ex. Club Member
go back and tell him to check it out for you soon as you can. it want be the bump stops that just makes them a bit firm.

solarice

Ex. Club Member
could possibly be the bump stops providing the new ones are shorter than the current ones...as youre supposed to shorten them when fitting lowering suspension to avoid it bottoming out, but sometimes you can get away without doing it. Guess it depends on the shocks in question.

got antiroll bars? whats the clearance on them... (sorry dont know the specs of the k12's :))

Guess what, mine now clunks too. Drivers side front only. It didnt do it for the first 20 miles.... I'll take it back tomorrow to get it looked at. :(

It does look good though!

Slam

OP
OP
S
Let me know how you get on. I have still not sorted it as my s14a is taking all my time and money up at the moment. I will get it checked when it goes in for a service and mot. Handles well though!

Thanks, it is the Eibach kit which stated 25mm. I reckon it is probably a bit more though. I am wondering if the sound could be the roll bar or linkages....

Slam

OP
OP
S
Did you get the bump stops in your kit and did you fit them? Mine sounds really bad at low speeds pot holes, man hole covers & speed bumps but is does handle really sweet all the same???

OP
OP
S
Oh, was hoping you had'nt fitted them as I thought that was the reason to problem!! I have driven with the clunking for 5 months now and its getting to the point where I may put the orginal springs back on and sell the kit?? Someone on here must know a solution???

OP
OP
S
Just a few pics of my 160 SR with the kit fitted!

DSC00465.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00462.jpg
[/IMG]

OP
OP
S
Is yours a 160 SR? If so you should get a K&N filter panel from a 1.6 Nissan Note and a cold feed induction kit, makes a real difference!!

DSC00320.jpg
[/IMG]

Not yet. I drove 280 miles at the weekend. It only makes the noise when coasting, not when accelerating or braking.
I had a few peeps look at my car as they passed on the motorway (its a diesel, I like to see what mpg I can get so drive at bang on 70), so I guess it looks a bit different lower. (ps - 71.2mpg!)

Slam