EGR pipe cleaning

I've ordered a new EGR valve for my dci today.

I've read that the metal pipe often often is clogged, but I can't work out how to remove it to check.

The current EGR wasn't really that clogged when I checked it, it just doesn't work properly - perhaps the pipe itself isn't too choked?

Any tips greatly appreciated.

Im also in need of this, I bought my Dci with 103k miles on the clock and all kinds of fuel problems haha. Looking to precautionarily clean EGR and the pipe that leads to the inlet manifold

An interesting idea here - many members of my family have had an engine carbon clean done with suprising results. It cured DPF issues with my dads Isuzu and made my mums Nissan drive like its brand new, any ideas whether that will be thorough enough to clean the EGR and pipework?

OP
OP
Microdot
I don't think so, especially if it's fuel based, which will do nothing for gas chaneling, and there have been reports of injector problems afterwards with these types of services in diesels.

Today Halfords did an oil/filter change and aircon re-regass, and 2 front sidelamp bulbs (I couldn't gets my hands in) for a very reasonable £118.

EGR arrives tomorrow in the post so guess what the weekend holds...

Any further ideas on how how to remove the metal pipe gratefully received...

Last edited:
Its an air based process, however I worry given the extent of carbon build up issues reported with these renault engines. Ive already suffered the dreaded fuel pump and injector issues with mine.......

As for the metal pipe I am likely to attempt removal of the EGR and the pipe very soon and will post results