Ecu

jamier2007

Ex. Club Member
What's the best ecu to use on a turbo'd cg13?

A standalone ecu or a piggyback?

What's the best value for money that does the job?

Thanks

depends how much boost you planning on running. piggyback, probably good for small t2 running 5 psi max. other then that you need ECU that adjusts ignition timing. Nistune is another great chose. Company like horsham development can install one and map it for fairly cheap

Thanks for the quick reply!

frank <- Wonder how long it would last......

that depends on various factors i guess, det is your enemy :eek: i will be running mine @ 1bar+ and 8.75:1 c/r when the 1/4 mile season starts (and i love building and testing engines :))

my 1.3 turbo running 10psi 160bhp on nistune fitted & tuned on dyno by Ed at Fusion Motorsport. costs £355 fitted and extra £75 for tuning on dyno.
i use mine daily and occasional trackdays so definately needed to be fine tuned correctly with this much puwer to be reliable and economical.

if u fancy tuning urself, the nistune type 4 daughterboards £176, usb consult cable £64 and software license £135

I'll put my foot down a little here as this is a topic close to my heart and so many people have little or no experience in this subject, especially when relating to the Micra ECU.

You can take the approach of Frank, who whilst undeniably & potentially the most crazy ghetto Micra experimenter in the world, has never seen the 'other side' of a properly setup ecu and thus whose experience is entirely limited to what can be done for free or as near as damn it, and along with everyone else who has taken this approach has a line of dead engines behind him.

OR

You can get the ecu re-mapped with a decent turbo map, and correct the inherent problems that the stock ECU has with boosted applications, AND have reliability in the process.

Even piggyback without a turbo these ECUS are terrible for consistent fuelling that's what I wont even work with piggybacks on them any more.

There is only one way to do this right :)

my 1.3 turbo running 10psi 160bhp on nistune fitted & tuned on dyno by Ed at Fusion Motorsport. costs £355 fitted and extra £75 for tuning on dyno.

I thought it was more than this?! This is probably the way I will go, seeming as he is literally up from me :)

Really appreciate the help guys!

i use mine daily and occasional trackdays so definately needed to be fine tuned correctly with this much puwer to be reliable and economical.

if u fancy tuning urself, the nistune type 4 daughterboards £176, usb consult cable £64 and software license £135

Not any more Aus$ is the worse exchange rate in 17 or was it 27 years, so no. Supplied fitted and mapped for £500 now for type 4 cars. If people arn't willing to pay its down to them :) I'm very very busy at the moment, but always willing to help where I can :)

Not any more Aus$ is the worse exchange rate in 17 or was it 27 years, so no. Supplied fitted and mapped for £500 now for type 4 cars. If people arn't willing to pay its down to them :) I'm very very busy at the moment, but always willing to help where I can :)

yea exchange rates a bumma. forgot to add the extra cost of delivery, import tax etc

Perspective: I could buy them and have them in the UK for less than £100 a board when I first started...

Back