ECU Tuning for the SR160

Hi,

Am new to the forum, so excuse me if this has been covered already.

I have been looking an aftermarket performance chip for my SR 160, has anyone else had any luck?

Or is there a stand alone ECU available like an Apexi Power FC?

Rip it all out. Fit something aftermarket like Omex ECU, if you're serious speak to our resident tuning Guru Ed. But it doesn't come cheap, you're looking at at least a grand for ECU, loom, fitting, mapping etc!!

Ed is your guy for ECU's

There are a few piggy back ecu's around, but not sure what is suitable for that car or application, Ed from Fusion Motorsport can fit and map various ecu's so it may be worth giving him a call to see if he can provide anything.

Ed is your guy for ECU's

There are a few piggy back ecu's around, but not sure what is suitable for that car or application, Ed from Fusion Motorsport can fit and map various ecu's so it may be worth giving him a call to see if he can provide anything.

Thanks for the info. I am suprised at the lack tuning options for the K12, no exhaust system and no induction kit there must be a market for these in this country??

I think (though I am not sure) that the Japanese one uses a different ECU. I.e. not the renault style one here. I could be wrong there however.

Anyway if it is renault here which I suspect it will be like the coil pack K11s then Omex would be very simple to fit.

Its possible that K-tec may be able to OBDII re-flash it. They will most likely use a third party provider, and will send the map of to them to see if they can do anything with it. It will be interesting to see how they get on.

Back