ECU location/confirmation

Hi All,
car details
Micra SE 1.0
2002, Manual

I am trying to find out where the central locking control module is on K11 Micra 2002, a lot of posts say under the steering beside the fuse box so I can only assume it was meant to be here under the steering wheel.JPG and missing. can someone please confirm this?

the next question is, if that is where it is meant to be then the ECU units on 3bay here
ECU on ebay.JPG doesn't look to fit this connection.....

any advice/help is really appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

ECU on ebay.JPG
under the steering wheel.JPG

I'm sure I ripped a central locking box out of the passenger's foot well on the rally car not so long ago, mounted on LHS on the inner wheel arch. It was a remote central locking unit and from a 1999 car, so I don't know if that changes anything. I've probably still got it somewhere too!!!

I'm sure I ripped a central locking box out of the passenger's foot well on the rally car not so long ago, mounted on LHS on the inner wheel arch. It was a remote central locking unit and from a 1999 car, so I don't know if that changes anything. I've probably still got it somewhere too!!!
That'll be the keyless entry unit part of the central locking you removed. It links to the main superlock unit on the drivers side.

OP
OP
A
unfortunately I couldn't find it unless I remove the whole dashboard, I know it is defo not under the steering wheel so it mus be on the passenger side.......has anyone got step by step guide of getting dashboard removed? preferably on the later K11 models.

unfortunately I couldn't find it unless I remove the whole dashboard, I know it is defo not under the steering wheel so it mus be on the passenger side.......has anyone got step by step guide of getting dashboard removed? preferably on the later K11 models.

Dash removal is not particularly easy...
Basic guide:
Drop steering column by removing the two bolts (fairly obvious) may have to remove steering cowl or other plastics.
Then remove the centre trim, four screws I believe.
Lots of screws and bolts around the outside of the dash etc.

ECU is located in the middle of the dash, at the bottom near the firewall. You may have to remove the drivers left kick panel to access it.

OP
OP
A
I am gana have to do that when I got a week off work coz I struggled to find both central locking control module & the pollen filter on this Micra, I know there are somewhere under the dashboard so surely they cant hide when I take the damn thing out.

I am gana have to do that when I got a week off work coz I struggled to find both central locking control module & the pollen filter on this Micra, I know there are somewhere under the dashboard so surely they cant hide when I take the damn thing out.
Have you got aircon?