eBay hydrogen fuel cell

mullet

Ex. Club Member
i love the disclamer at the bottom lol "Please note: Construction, assembly and fitting of this project is at the persons own risk, no liability or responsibility will be taken for any damage or injury caused through the construction and use of this system"

yeeeeh thats why hydrogen cars haven't been put into mass production yet, because they can make the fuel sells for £85....total BS as previously stated

OP
OP
Craig

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
We had a thread covering this a while back.
In brief: Total BS.

:)

Slipped under my radar somehow...

I really do wonder why people buy things like this and also, why the seller has 100% feedback!

nissanmicrak12

Ex. Club Member
i noticed the 100%feedback lol it looks like two gunnipig feeder bottles with conecters all over , they say feedback speaks for its self, does it in this case?...........

or are the buyers still living in old ebay land and expect to get bad feedback back ?lol

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
If a battery gives of noticeable amounts of gas its usually being overcharged...

Anyway that auction is a POS.

nissanmicrak12

Ex. Club Member
if you were charging this water constantly would the water not become acidic like battery acid?just a thought that cant be any good for your engin surely

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
this will do what it says about using hydrogen to run the car, everyone should know you apply a voltage to water you get oxygen and hydrogen bubbling off, its a standard thing taught in schools. then if you set fire to it, it turns back into water and gives a nice pop.

problem is, where is the energy coming from? its coming from the battery which is being charged by the engine, which runs on petrol...

hydrogen cars work on the same idea, but the hydrogen is made somewhere else, it still takes electicity, but you can make electricity for free with turbines and hydroelectric dams etc...

so is this a con? yes! myth busted!

nissanmicrak12

Ex. Club Member
i didnt actually know that lol or at least i was never in class when they explained that!lol but still would the water not become acidic?

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
i didnt actually know that lol or at least i was never in class when they explained that!lol but still would the water not become acidic?

nope, there is no reason for it to. it would either be water or hydrogen and oxygen, you are just using electricity to break the bonds, its called electrolisis, its used for lots of things.

Ceirwan

Ex. Club Member
Basically as we covered before, it may produce hydrogen(though not much from the look of it) but it will actually sap power and economy. In a perfect world with no losses it would break even, but you'll lose some in the wiring, some in the alternator converting mechanical power to electric.

Most people can imagine themselves into thinking they have better economy!