easiest way to 100bhp

Your probly right pal 160 sounds amazing in a micra but i think im gonna stick NA for a while as it is my first project and wouldnt know were to start with a turbo

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Not everyone wants the hassle and rather upgrade what they have.
Also has alot to do with confidence and of course finances.
But as engine swaps go its one of the easiest I've seen

polly p got 92 with a few simple mods....throw in added fuel injection and ss the system im sure thtll get to 100 especially on the 1.4 engine

Thats what im doing janspeed mani with all decats to standerd exhaust lightweight flywheel 1.6 injectors and fuel pump and then mess about with the inlet probly bigger airbox and bigger air feed hopefully that will get me upto the 90,s what do use think

Stani1029

Club Member
Your probly right pal 160 sounds amazing in a micra but i think im gonna stick NA for a while as it is my first project and wouldnt know were to start with a turbo

I had to laugh sorry,

1. Because you wouldnt know where to go with a turbo build despite the numerous projects on here and tonnes of info
2. Because you ask about fitting a completely different engine where theres 1 completed project with hardly any info

Good luck with what you do but 100hp isnt that easy to reach n/a. Its not all about hp at the end of the day so id recommend a full janspeed mani/exhaust, a lightened flywheel, maybe an autosprint inlet cam, group a airbox and a remap. And if theres no need to have the interior get it out as weight is a huge factor

Cheers pal well 1 and 2 may be thrown out the window because info isnt the biggest factor when it comes to building a car money is and you can have all the info in the world but no mon no fun

My car is already gutted aswell just two seats left in it so thats were the micra has its advantage over alot of cars and the fact that its a fly around corners ha cheers for the reply pal you reckon the auto sprint cam is any good i emailed them a while back and they gave me a price of 185 sterling

Stani1029

Club Member
Is that 185 for both? Im sure i was half that for 1, the hardest part about getting the cams right is the clearances and holding an extra shim in place. Its best to move them to under the bucket and take the edges off the buckets so the cam lobe then runs off the bucket instead of shim and no tiddlywinks gets played inside the engine ;)

h701micra

Deactivated Account
2. Because you ask about fitting a completely different engine where theres a couple of completed projects with good info
Had to edit that ;) just need to search a bit more
My carb build won't help anyone with a de engine in terms of loom etc.
But my mounts etc are well documented :)

Yeah that was for the both of them so i just send my ones in to auto sprint yeah cheers for the ingo pal ill have ur comment at hand when im tackling them my mate a great mechanic so i just let him do all the hard stuff while i just take off and mount hah but info is great cheers mate by the way ur micra is the tits

3 psi should yield 100 hp no probs :)

That's what ive adjusted to run my car on standard ecu for now, and goes like 5HIT of a shovel, nearly twisted my neck lol, me son got out the car and went straight to his room, didn't hear from him till the morning, game down holding his neck and and avoided my presence so to say..

J

I had to laugh sorry,

1. Because you wouldnt know where to go with a turbo build despite the numerous projects on here and tonnes of info
2. Because you ask about fitting a completely different engine where theres 1 completed project with hardly any info

Good luck with what you do but 100hp isnt that easy to reach n/a. Its not all about hp at the end of the day so id recommend a full janspeed mani/exhaust, a lightened flywheel, maybe an autosprint inlet cam, group a airbox and a remap. And if theres no need to have the interior get it out as weight is a huge factor

LOL, Stani, all that gear gonna cost nearly £1000 for 100bhp isn't ? so if Jordan Whelan got your turbo from you he would have much more power running in his car i.e. 160bhp with a noticeable smile on yer face!!! so why spend a grand for only 100bhp when you could turbooooooooooooo Booooooooooooooooooost

Jordan if ya know sence, id get the turbo if I were you!!!

J

Well i asked for a price and somebody told me it was out of my reach so obviously they know me well enough yeno lad i have the money i just need price and info

Go Turbo, you wont look back!!!!! that 100bhp you looking will probably cost as much as turbo is gonna cost.... maybe even more!!!!

Sorry for slight hijack, @Stani, sorry mate could you please write down the K11 maf plug colours to the 200sx maf, I need to wire that up...

Cheers

J

Stani1029

Club Member
Had to edit that ;) just need to search a bit more
My carb build won't help anyone with a de engine in terms of loom etc.
But my mounts etc are well documented :)

But he has a k11 which is a different story for your well documented mounts? Only one i can think of is tristans 1.6T k11....

Stani1029

Club Member
Go Turbo, you wont look back!!!!! that 100bhp you looking will probably cost as much as turbo is gonna cost.... maybe even more!!!!

Sorry for slight hijack, @Stani, sorry mate could you please write down the K11 maf plug colours to the 200sx maf, I need to wire that up...

Cheers

J

I already done it in the last thread you asked for them...

Stani1029

Club Member
The idea is similar because in a k10 and k11 your in the same position where you need to figure out how to mount it at that side but its certainly not identical and you cant help him in the sense of dimensions from yours thats why im saying theres only 1 he can work from. He has already stated hes unsure about things so you cant expect him to jump into a conversion that isnt well documented anywhere on here, im not saying fitting a turbo kit is easy either or trying to force a sale

h701micra

Deactivated Account
The mount IDEA (not cars) is identical... you modify it to suit. Which then leads me to say you haven't seen my mounts or you'd understand my original point

pollyp

Club Member
polly p got 92 with a few simple mods....throw in added fuel injection and ss the system im sure thtll get to 100 especially on the 1.4 engine

92bhp with a PAS pump (parasitic loss).
some ppl with the janspeed setup and remap and without the PAS/aircon reached over 100bhp I remember.

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Stani's kit is bolt on is it not? Starting from scratch I'm not sure which would be easier, turbo or engine swap, but Stani has done all the hard work already... depends on your skills/facilities I guess.

92bhp with a PAS pump (parasitic loss).
some ppl with the janspeed setup and remap and without the PAS/aircon reached over 100bhp I remember.

so you reckon lightweight flywheel janspeed manifold keeping second cat standerd exhaust 1.6 injectors and fuel pump car is already lightend and some airbox messing about should get it upto the 90's

frank

Club Member
so you reckon lightweight flywheel janspeed manifold keeping second cat standerd exhaust 1.6 injectors and fuel pump car is already lightend and some airbox messing about should get it upto the 90's
the f/w will only give acceleration gains eh, the mani will be restricted by a stock system, and bigger injectors need a suitable bigger throttlebody ideally

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Take it the intake mani never needs to me changed on micras then? just the exhaust one that is really restrictive?
Just like ga's the inlet is fairly free flowing
The exhaust manifold has diffusers in it for keeping it quiet but are restrictive. I believe @Frank makes his frankspeed manifold involve the removal of these gubbins to make it more free flowing

Just like ga's the inlet is fairly free flowing
The exhaust manifold has diffusers in it for keeping it quiet but are restrictive. I believe @Frank makes his frankspeed manifold involve the removal of these gubbins to make it more free flowing

My frankspeed should be arrive today somepoint.

MFW they arrive :L

34256665.jpg