Early wiper switch help needed!

As above! Literally the last thing stopping getting my Super S through it’s MOT and back on the road!

I was stripping the old interior out, and whilst removing the dash managed to pop open the wiper stalk assembly. Now all I could find on the floor that might have fallen out was a small spring, however when put back together it didnt seem to have a place or need it (although I kept it as I’m not that daft)

Now for mot the wipers wont work at all. Fuses relays etc all been checked by the garage, but no luck.

Unfortunately it seems to be a bloody unique switch (from a ‘93 L reg) and newer models wont fit in any shape or form. Im now up to 3 different styles of switches having trawled the scrapyards but no luck

Below is the switch in question, if anyone can shine a light it would be much appreciated as like I said its the only thing holding it up for mot and a replacement is proving very difficult to find!

Thanks for any advice!
F2DD1751-4E7E-409C-985C-F09E0C712B58.jpeg
B6664DCE-403D-47E4-A9B0-0FFF5920B85C.jpeg
F19DB887-1DC4-42E2-A7EB-233429941374.jpeg
54C0C27B-9763-4C20-AFCD-57DD0E8CFDB6.jpeg
00F8637F-2E67-45F2-AAB4-1908838036C9.jpeg
F38EE080-F591-497A-A9E3-52A00EDED4CD.jpeg

The wiper unit hasn’t been changed, so it’s still the original unit that came with the car

I know to some extent the garage has done some rewiring to get the ‘96 donor engine running, but I don’t imagine the wiper electrics would have been disturbed?

Or is that the very reason it’s all gone pete tong ??‍♂️

have you considered searching ebay for "nissan micra k11 1993 breaking spares repairs"

a lot of people don't list all the individual parts, and they never list switches or other tiny electrical components - but if they're in the car they can take them out. Just message them and ask if they have the original unit still on the car and if they do you can agree over price and they can set up a listing so you get the benefit of buying through ebay/paypal and therfore not getting ripped off if you pay and they don't send or if they send something that doesn't fit you can get a refund.

found this one in Penzance

the guy's phone number is in the description, 100% positive feedback

You beauty, thank you! I did search eBay for cars being broken but only thought to use the phrase “breaking”

Sent him a message, so fingers crossed it still has it and its the right bloody connections, thanks again though!

Back