Early k11 for sale?

I’m looking to sell my Ford Fiesta from 2014 and buy an early generation low mileage k11 instead as I want to purchase a car outright to remove the monthly payments and save some money, anyone know of any for sale or the best place to find them? Red Black or white would be great but not exactly fussy, Yorkshire based but will look nationally

Last edited:
I recommend not that early for rear sils strength. My 1993 Super S gave up on a four column bridge and I'm not sure what to avoid and what to want but later Micra's I saw on scrap heap definately have stronger sils. Just quite enough even a little over if you ask me.

OP
OP
M
I recommend not that early for rear sils strength. My 1993 Super S gave up on a four column bridge and I'm not sure what to avoid and what to want but later Micra's I saw on scrap heap definately have stronger sils. Just quite enough even a little over if you ask me.

ahhh okay, thank you, I have a friend that’s a mechanic so he would look over any car that I was interested in to make sure it’s okay but thank you for your advice I didn’t know this was a problem, I just find the pre face lift version to look nicer

I get you. I just have no clue where rear sills became stronger. Though other people here will know. And if it happens so you like the not so strong rear sills Micra, it is no show stopper. It just means no mechanic may use a four coloumn (been there, car can't take this this also counts for professional mechanics, doesn't happen much but just enough) and you never may use a jack on that point where Nissan says you may jack it (sparing). There is a work around for DIY and that is jack it from rear center only (lowering might become issue here) and support rear axle. I am aware this is a long text but it depends more on who you are then on the Micra itself. I can post the dents and show you what happend. You do not want this :)

OP
OP
M
I get you. I just have no clue where rear sills became stronger. Though other people here will know. And if it happens so you like the not so strong rear sills Micra, it is no show stopper. It just means no mechanic may use a four coloumn (been there, car can't take this this also counts for professional mechanics, doesn't happen much but just enough) and you never may use a jack on that point where Nissan says you may jack it (sparing). There is a work around for DIY and that is jack it from rear center only (lowering might become issue here) and support rear axle. I am aware this is a long text but it depends more on who you are then on the Micra itself. I can post the dents and show you what happend. You do not want this :)
Ahahah thank you very much, I appreciate the help.

I’m looking to sell my Ford Fiesta from 2014 and buy an early generation low mileage k11 instead as I want to purchase a car outright to remove the monthly payments and save some money, anyone know of any for sale or the best place to find them? Red Black or white would be great but not exactly fussy, Yorkshire based but will look nationally
I have my late mother's silver K11 Micra LX 1.0 3dr manual in silver 45k miles. I took delivery (for my mother) early '94 and used it for a few years after she stopped driving. Loads of service record.
Now the downsides:
1. I stopped driving when kangerooing when hot. Suspect usual throttle body resoldering required but didn't get down to fully diagnose though.
2. Usual bottom of front wings rust. Easiest to put new bolt on wings on?
3. Less easy are rusting sills. (I understand now likely due to blocked sunroof drain?) Needs both new welding on so probably job for someone who could do themselves to keep costs under control?
4. Battery is dead. Needs new.
As result of the above is on the drive, with no MOT and not running. If anyone interested in project, perhaps for spares on another vehicle then let me know. Will need to be trailered away though.
Rob Smith (Beaconsfield, Bucks)

Hello, I’ve only just joined this site today to find out a little about K11 car value.
I have a K11 2002 with only 3500 miles from brand new.
Its in sliver with grey interior.
live just MOT’d her and as the garage said it’s like a brand new car underneath.
not sure if you needed up getting yourself what you wanted car wise but thought I would drop you this information if it is of interest to you.
thanks GazzaR

Hello, I’ve only just joined this site today to find out a little about K11 car value.
I have a K11 2002 with only 3500 miles from brand new.
Its in sliver with grey interior.
live just MOT’d her and as the garage said it’s like a brand new car underneath.
not sure if you needed up getting yourself what you wanted car wise but thought I would drop you this information if it is of interest to you.
thanks GazzaR
WOW! thats a rare beast ye have there lad, send us a pic?

I currently own 2 pre-face lift K11's, sills / rear arches tends to be, an issue on the pre facelift. It's something to look for on them for sure!
I have just taken ownership of a 1995 SLX version, (PAS), 45k FSH, 1 family owner from new, completely garaged throughout like new condition, not one issue of rust on any MOT. I purchased this (in advance) to replace my current preface lift one, which done 130k and sills always an issue at MOT, in fact lost count how many times it's been welded. I believe it's the how the sunroof drains down into the sills.
It's all how a car is looked after, but the coil pack K11's are probably more rust resilient, then the pre face lifts, all IMHO!

HI, it’s still at the mot service garage, I had it MOT‘d last some days ago and they’ve kept it safe for me there. So won’t have it back until I insure it and tax it.
im in no rush to do that as I won’t be using it.
ill keep you posted with picture when I bring it home.
thanks for the contact
GazzaR
stay safe everyone