E manage and 160SR

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
does anyone know of any reasons why this combo wouldn't work?

i can't see any myself. i doubt the NATS would get in the way.

i don't want to buy fit and then find it can't be mapped.

cheers :)

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
You would have to go with the e-manage ultimate, and it would probably need modifications to your ecu depending on how nissan did the ignition circuit.

Type-R

Ex. Club Member
This would be an interesting thing to see! I suppose with the emanage you could tweak a few bhp here and there, can you get performance cams etc for the 160SR?

Let get some 160SR's tuned!! see what they are made off

R

RIK

i allready asked ed about this..but then i gave up because i realised stripping the car made it quick enough for me atm..

btw..i found out today that a starlet gt that ran a 15.8 1/4 mile is slower than my 160sr..
i think i need to go to a strip to go get a sub 16... :D

Why would you need an ultimate, not a blue ?

As a piggyback ECU why should it effect the ignition, surely you can use it to map the timing and fuel injectors? Would be beneficial to get a Wide Band O2 sensor if the 160 doesnt have one already :D

Have seen good increases on MX5 NA's so should would be interesting to see how the 160 goes with a blue :D

R

RIK

Dr Zoidberg said:
so this is a difficult task then. :(

would a tuner garage be able to wire it all in then?

well ed knows his stuff and he wasnt prepared to do it to my car...

Type-R

Ex. Club Member
yeah it would affect your warranty would it not? tampering with the electrics, nissan might void your free services etc.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
ultimate because the blue is limited by many factors of the standard ecu. This is not the case with the ultimate.

There are several things that would need to be solved. In both cases ignition interface, this is the most risky bit tbh. The ultimate has cas input which makes life so much better for reliable ignition mapping, also it can deal with injectors and the stock ecu wouldn't even know.

I could stick an e-manage on anything given the right time and £. Just depends whos willing to be the ginuipig to see what happens and what needs solving.

Ed

OP
OP
Dr Zoidberg

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
do you have a guestimate price Ed?

i would prefer to get it mapped as safely as possible so prob ultimate if that makes things easier, if its too much hasstle then i'll probably not bother modding it.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Considering your in the NE I would recommend you find somone closer. Other wise I charge 200 to fit the e-manage ultimate and 25hr mapping and the same rate for any problem solving etc. I'm pretty sure the standard lambda sensors on the 160 would need playing with to trick the ecu that they are not as rich as they really are to stop it trying to undo the work the e-manage is there for in the first place.

R

RIK

you can get it off ebay...i dont know how legal it is though

but its worth every penny..really good to have (alot better than haynes)

Have a chat with the Racing Line in Halifax, superb bunch of guys, alternately pop onto MX5nutz and have a chat with wildrness, he's a wiz with emanages and might be able to sort something out for you...

Wildrness (matt) is a top bloke whose helped me out on many occasions and knows his emanages inside and out!