dunlop d1 alloys?

mullet

Ex. Club Member
hello all,
just wondering if anone has any more info about these wheels i can get a set for cheep and the chap says there a vauxhall fitment and they are four stud so im assuming that they will be 4x100 but the question i really have is the center bore? were these aftermarket wheels? therefor they should fit or were the produced for vauxhall ? and any help would be good

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...bS5Aw&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=22&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0

cheers
mullet

As they are a pretty old design the PCD is more likely 4" rather than 100mm. 4" is 101.6mm (I think! LOL!)
They probably would fit over the studs but you risk damaging the wheel/fitting it off centre.
Remember the K11 has a relatively large centre bore too(Bigger than most Toyota/Honda/Suzuki)

yea thats what i was wondering but i diddnt think that there was any old vauxhauls with a 4x4 studpattern from my quick bit of research and i supposr theres always drilling out the centerbore (from a machine shop)

It wouldn't be impossible, it would just be a lot of fu...messing about.
You can buy wobble bolts to counteract this problem but I don't know if they are any good.
This subject has been widely discussed on the Retro rides discussion board (There are a few members from here on there too!)

if there vauxhall im pretty sure there 4x100, ive never seen any referance to vauxhalls being an imperial fitment, i believe the vauxhall centre bore is smaller, sothey would need some like 5mm spacers or machining out.

As they are a pretty old design the PCD is more likely 4" rather than 100mm. 4" is 101.6mm (I think! LOL!)

+1 i used to run 13" vauxhall chevete rims on my mini stockrod and they were 4 x 4" (and i bladdered the middles in with a sledge hammer for huge offset lol :wasntme:)
and they look like they,re from the same era

+1 i used to run 13" vauxhall chevete rims on my mini stockrod and they were 4 x 4" (and i bladdered the middles in with a sledge hammer for huge offset lol :wasntme:)
and they look like they,re from the same era

so do you think it would be a bad idea then frank?

yea i suppose the full set is £50 and they look in pretty good condition and if they dont fit my mate has a mini that they will ha ha

there off a cavalier so they should be fine if i was to put spacers on the wheels then would this eliminate the center bore problem?

I have spacers on my Super S as the Suzuki wheels on it have a smaller centre bore without problem. I fitted longer wheel studs but I could have got away with the standard ones.

Vauxhalls from Mk1 Astra/Mk2 Cavalier/Nova on are 100mm. Before that (Chevette/Mk1 Cavalier/Viva etc.) are 4".

Back