Dual USB port added for phone charging

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
Finally got round to fitting a charging port to the K12 today. I got this for the princely sum of £2.99 from an ebay seller in the Phillipines.
USB outlet.jpg

It arrived today (after only a couple of weeks) so fitted it straight away. :cool:
The lower dash panel to the right of the steering wheel had a spare switch position so fitted it there...
USB outlet fitted.jpg

I used one of these piggy back fuse holders to get the power feed from the fuse box directly below the panel......
USB feed fuse holder.jpg

USB port power feed.jpg

and picked up the earth from an M6 bolt that secures the OBDII socket support.

Nice I often wonder why that space was empty only thing is where do you mount the phone I would guess on the dash someplace that's handy right

My version of same issue and I rewired original cigarette lighter socket that it has constant 12V, regardless position of ignition switch.
My block => -06 Micra 160SR of Mika The Finn

May 5, 2017
Today's upgrade on my Micra. I changed 12V power outlet on dash to give power all the time. Instead normal way, you have power when ignition is on. Also I added to center console dual USB-outlet with voltage meter. I made spacer ring from 20mm plywood to fit it on center console, in behind there isn't enough space other vice. Unfortunately these vehicles don't have easy to view charging indicator.
=> [url=http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-DC-Motorcycle-Car-3-1A-Dual-USB-LED-Charger-Socket-Voltage-Voltmeter-Panel-/292105711126?var=&hash=item4402db6e16:m:mzIlKzdyP-mgR2gqeKKTw7w]12V DC Motorcycle Car 3.1A Dual USB LED Charger Socket Voltage Voltmeter Panel[/URL]
And the pics:
124008_2_b.jpg

Micra%20USB-volt%20meter_1_zpshp1qjt5m.jpg

Micra%20USB-volt%20meter_2_zpsgbzflyua.jpg

Micra%20USB-volt%20meter_3_zpsocvzn3xe.jpg

I have 3 round ones and a rectangular one fitted in mine, all tapped off the original ciggie lighter cables.

Last edited:
So brilliant, when you switch ignition off, no power.
All charging or where ever need voltage will be switched off...:rolleyes::unsure:;)
Yeah, like a normal ciggie socket. Ignition on, power to the sockets, ignition off, no power. However, have added a 4th one now to the right hand side of the heater control dials are, there is an empty area, opposite end of the passenger airbag warning light.

Back