Dropped my xbox 360

kristian

One Way Mule
Hi guys..

I kinda slipped when going down the stairs, with my hands full.. and my 360 fell and landed..

It wasnt a sersious drop.. maybe 1.5 ft.., and it was onto Carpet..

kinda fumble..

but now.. When the 360 loads up after about 10 seconds.. The screen flickers and has a green tint..

This affects the textures in-game as well as the menus.. kinda like a green tint to a bunch of colors.. and this gives the look of green patchyness..

Its not the cables or Moniter..it clearly affects the textures in game.. Shadows are Very dark in Halo3 for example..

Any ideas?..

It annoys me.. because for the first 10 seconds everythign is fine.. and everythign else is perfect operation..

Occasionally it flickers off.. and back on.. so I know it CAN play normally..

Obviously if ive got to buy another MB and stick it in.. then I will...

.but im hoping for an easy fix.. this a common problem..?

if you are ok with opening it up then make sure no components have come loose.. this can happen when a pc graphics card comes loose.

or buy another one and put it in the new box and take it back and say it dont work!

If its out of warranty then the best solution would be to open it up and check all the solder points (they come loose quite easily anyway on occasion) and resolder any loose ones.

If it is still in warranty send to microft for a replacement (although you will be waiting about a month for them to return it :doh: )

It sounds like a classic Memory issue. It's either corrupted memory (can happen from shock) or a loose connection. Long story short, it's broken. Make sure you've got no dents or what ever in it and send it off to microsoft. I don't think they put G-Force triggers in them.

sounds to me like it might also be the connection,

as in old monitor issues when the 15-pin din, that only in fact connect 8-9 pins

but if one of the 1/2/3 pins are loose it will cause it to go out of sync also

the old RGb stuff, not sure if the xbox works on this principle though

but a clue to maybe

Back