• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Drl lights and aftermarket tacho/rev counter questions

Has anyone fitted these? As I can't find anything about them via the search function. Was looking to know how to wire these to come on when ignition is on and switch off when sidelights are switched on or would it be better just wiring to a switch on the dash?
Also I've watched the install video on the George likes micras YouTube page for the tacho/rev counter and wondering if I'd be better cutting, soldering and heat shrinking rather than using snap connectors and if anyone knows how to wire the backlight to come on when the sidelights are activated. Thank you ?

What year or micra have you got? As clocks for the post 98 at fairly easy to obtain , sorry to self promote,but got a.set.£35 posted in the UK black with 63k
would say a set of connectors maybe better, pending on where the rev counter is placed as it could be removable etc and Connot remember which is the illumination wire

Well I just wired mine directly without connectors and I also got extra wiring and wired it to the sidelights via firewall it was a headache to do but it genuinely works

OP
OP
D
What year or micra have you got? As clocks for the post 98 at fairly easy to obtain , sorry to self promote,but got a.set.£35 posted in the UK black with 63k
would say a set of connectors maybe better, pending on where the rev counter is placed as it could be removable etc and Connot remember which is the illumination wire

Got the aftermarket tacho already thanks anyway. Didn't even think of the fact it could be removed and reused so might just use the snap connectors for that then. Cheers

Well I just wired mine directly without connectors and I also got extra wiring and wired it to the sidelights via firewall it was a headache to do but it genuinely works

This the drls yeah? Any photos or other info to help with that please? Cheers

My drl leds come on with my sidelights. I've just spliced into the loom behind the headlights and fitted an extra connector.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D
No sorry I was talking about the tacho I think asking agent_sm1th would know better as he's wired in led lights onto his

Ahhh no worries thanks man

My drl leds come on with my sidelights. I've just spliced into the loom behind the headlights and fitted an extra connector

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Probably better wiring a switch then and switching on myself if I'm looking at having them on with ignition and off when sidelights come on? Thanks