Driving Lights

Tom 1.0

Ex. Club Member
hi all,

i'm looking to get some of the Super S style driving lights,

i've got the facelift model, the bumper appears to have sectin on either side were i can remove it and fit the lights,

but after posting in another thread i've been told that the driving lights wont fit?

sorry to be ignorant but is this true or can i get some to fit?

i'm planning on wiring them up on a seperate relay so i can have a flick switch on the dash so i'm not worried about putting them on the normal lights system and stuff...

any help please?

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Well it depends on what bumper you have, I have a K facelift and I put Angel Eyes driving lights in the fog light cut outs.

OP
OP
Tom 1.0

Tom 1.0

Ex. Club Member
er it looks like this...

DSC00192.jpg

sorry its the best picture i've got at the moment

Edit

slightly better picture

S645AKC.jpg

Bash1989

Ex. Club Member
the bumper is totally different mate, facelifts have foglights and pre facelifts have driving lights which are alot smaller

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Your better off getting some accessory lighting Tom. Could you upload a better picture of the black grill? in your second picture it does actually look like there are sections.

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
as said the prefacelift driving lights wont fit facelift bumpers, you want the fog lights from the facelift...there actually not that good in fog. mine have been converted to driving lights :D

OP
OP
Tom 1.0

Tom 1.0

Ex. Club Member
ok cool

i'll get some fog lights and play around with those,

squarepants, how did you did you convert them to driving lights??

OP
OP
Tom 1.0

Tom 1.0

Ex. Club Member
ok cool,

well when i get hold of some i'm planning on wiring them on a seperate relay to a dash mounted flick switch so i can have them on or off regardless of my main lights i think....

thnkas for your help guys

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
Only problem with having them on an independant circuit is that if you are on main beam and there is a car coming you will have to switch of main beam then the driving lights, in that time you've blinded them :doh:

OP
OP
Tom 1.0

Tom 1.0

Ex. Club Member
hmmm i'll only ever be using them when i'm blasting along all the back roads near me, plenty of time to see them coming lol and its an excuse to have a flick switch on my micra lol

i'm going more for the show car thing with my lights tbh

as its the 1l i cant make it that fast at the moment.