Driver side Door & central locking

Hello every one,

Any idea why the driver side door is not opening/closing from passenger side with key or with remote control?

Originally (when bought the car) the micro switches on both the fob keys were broken and hence was not working.

With the key all the doors were closing and opening from driver side but the driver side was neither closing nor opening from the passenger side. I thought it is a security mechaninsm or something.

The other day I received the micro switches and soldered them and tried and needed to reprogram. After reprogramming I noticed that when pressing for closing or opening the other three opens and close it again immedialy, but the drivers door is not reacting what soever, which indicate that there is something wrong with driver door.

Can any one help me with this?

Any advice, suggestions are highly appreciated.

Best regards

OP
OP
H
sounds like the lock is poope
Thanks for reply.

If the lock is gone, then why it is working with the KEY?

Probably I could not/did not explain the problem properly.

When using the key from driver side door all doors lock and unlock no problem there.
When using the key from passenger side door all but driver door lock and unlock.
When using the fob/remote all but driver door unlock but immediatly lock again. (an indication the remote is working).

Regards

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
sounds like the actuator is gone in it, the internal switches are still registering because when you use the key in the drivers door it operates via the rods. but from the pass side its probably pulsing the drivers door but the actuator is bust.

does that make sense?

OP
OP
H
sounds like the actuator is gone in it, the internal switches are still registering because when you use the key in the drivers door it operates via the rods. but from the pass side its probably pulsing the drivers door but the actuator is bust.

does that make sense?

Thanks for reply.

If the actuator is gone then other doors should not open from drivers either.

One thing more, the headligts left on reminder is not working either.

Regards

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
just above your feet behind dash is the control box ,may have a loose wire, try push the wires in gently.

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
Thanks for reply.

If the actuator is gone then other doors should not open from drivers either.

One thing more, the headligts left on reminder is not working either.

Regards

but they will, and do, when you use the key in the drivers side you are physicaly moiving the lock and subsiquent switches to operate the actuators on other doors.

OP
OP
H
but they will, and do, when you use the key in the drivers side you are physicaly moiving the lock and subsiquent switches to operate the actuators on other doors.

Thanks for the reply.

Will an actuator from 98 GX model work in this? This car is 1.4 2000 SE+.

I will open the door Sunday, and see if cleaning the actuator will work!!

Regards

OP
OP
H
I tried to open the actuator but could not. There are different parts, which one needs to be open, i could not figure out. I found at least 4 parts.

Can some one help me please/

Regards