Driver Door Stuck

Happy New Year to you all.

Just bought a Micra (it's an 07 Activ Black 1.2 5 door) and this is my first post!

The car's been excellent so far but I've now got a small problem. I drove the car from the front of the house to the garage this morning (about 15 yards), turned off the ignition and opened the door to get out. Except that it wouldn't open. I managed to get out via the passenger door.

I then locked and unlocked using the keyfob (I don't have the intelligent key option) and opened the driver door from the outside as usual. Got in the car, closed the door and then tried to open it again but no joy.

Any suggestions welcome!

Gary

it sounds like a rod has come adrift gary, you will probably need to remove the doorcard and check the rods and clips out :)

Thanks for the info Frank. It's still under warranty so I'll be off to the dealer in Bromley next week.

I was hoping some obscure sequence on the key fob might have cured it!

it sound like the super deadlock on the door actuator get loads at work a 5 minute job to flick over then it may make a noise then the actuator will need replacing, it will be covered for warranty if it is a 07 and under 60k why dont you undo the drivers window and open the door saves climbing over

Strangely enough it's now OK.

I'm definitely not going mad as my wife witnessed the problem!

Still worth talking to the dealer on the basis that something's maybe about to go??

We have an intermittent fault like this on our Micra. When you open the passenger door from the outside the handle sometimes sticks in the pulled position. When you get in you think the door is closed behind you but occasionally it is not. You have to open the window or door flick the handle and then it works normally. Does it once in a hundred openings. When it was still in warranty we raised it, but they just greased the mechanism as they could not get it to repeat.

No help to you, but try and get it resolved or looked into.

You may find its frozen mine has started to do that only when its very cold. Its a fault Nissan are aware of.

good you found out what it was no part or labour needed.mine does this also on a very cold frosted morning my central locking also jams up.

I have had this problem occur for the third time on my nissan micra today. It's not under warranty anymore but could anybody advise me on whether this is a acknowledged fault that reoccurs?

Back