drilled front discs

Hi, has anyone tried drilled and grooved front disc brakes, my braking power is not upto the job with the sharpe braking needed out there with the traffic.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Got slotted Almera brakes on my k11 with black diamond pads and they improved alot over the stock solid they have
But k12 have larger thicker, vented brakes a decent set of pads be enough really ,
Also I'm finding with mine the discs are wearing heavey (pads little)

Sent from my moto g(6) using Micra Sports Club mobile app

drilled shouldnt really heat up faster, but they will if youre only puttering about town as they have less mass to heat up and you wont be getting the airflow theyre designed to get.

TLDR dont buy drilled discs for going 10mph in cities

Drilling isn't about airflow. Simple physics more mass can absorb more energy (heat). Drilling removes mass therefore they must get hotter for the same braking force.

Historically the holes were there to stop gas build up that was release from racing pads. Without the holes then the pads would sit on a small cushion of the released gas. Modern cars do not need drilled discs.

The exception to this are motorbike discs where the circumference is so large relative to the pads that the discs can stay sufficiently cool.

Hello,

Just putting a clarification to above, Micra speeds are TRACK only running on max 10 cetane booster at 220kph wrong digit (sorry), I am conducting a experiment as this is a remarkable engine that for some reason was shoehorned into such a cute body.
A lot of pre testing work went into this engine before trying, however next phase will be a max chip boost and results taken, then a chip and fuel boost test.
I will then assess the best fuel and additives that a normal micra could benefit from such as better cold starting, mpg, and emissions that would help our readers.

This car will then be returned to std and given to my daughter for 3 months to complete the evaluation.

The K12 in this guise for me was and still is, one of nissan's best town car.

Watch this space for updates!!!

I think if you had said you wanted a brake upgrade for a track day racer then it would be different. I'd be looking at proper 4 pot or 6 pot calipers with proper bells and discs for track day use.

Back