Downpipe of joy - help!

Hi there chaps, I've lurked on here for a while, reading your lovely informative posts. But alas, now I need a little advice. Basically, I was driving my little red beastie home last night when something went TING inside the engine and quite abruptly my engine started making noises from hell... I drove veeeery carefully home, and found this!

Now my query is... Do I just need to buy a new bolt to replace the missing one then give these lads a tightening up? Or does something here need replacing, and would it be *sniff* pricey?

It's quite annoying, cos I only took the car for an MOT 1 month ago, passed with no probs, but ever since then i heard an occasional vibrating sound, which I tried to track down without success. Must've been that little bolt working his way to freedom :(

Thanks in advance for any help chaps.

Hia mate and welcome aboard!!

As luck might have it; I've got a set of these going spare and handy.

If you want to try a second hand pair that are in very good nick then I can pop them i the post to you for ZILCH!

just let me know.....

(allways glad to help out a fellow micra nut....<HAHA no pun intended>)

interestingly...one nut is a plain nut and one is a slef locking nut...luuks like it was the plain nut-side on yours that did a bunk...

Why thankyou for your offer! and the welcome :)

I'm going to try and and get some from the hardware store round the corner from where I work though, as with the posties being on strike, your nuts could take a while!

Are they a specifically funky size? or should I be able to pick them up anywhere.

try to go for brass (nissan wouldnt have specified brass if steel would have been fine)

also use a set of anti vibration fixings (flat washer plus a spring washer) otherwise they wil come loose again in no time

the offer stands if you change your mind...(just give me a nod mate)

Rich

Well i've managed to get it back together but my GOD... it was hard to reach... I'm not exactly the tallest of chaps, think I strained something getting to it. But it's no longer making the scary noises so.. Hurrah!

Thanks for the help chaps!

Back