• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Dougyledds AJ4 Costcutter Express

Well you already have the vibe/ss spoiler, what about (orange of course):
!BdtD4RwB2k~$(KGrHqEH-EEErfLL62)OBK6G0,JuTw~~_12.JPG

And a nismo front chin spoiler on Pov spec bumper:
tumblr_md89h0d6Zh1reuv2wo1_500.jpg

Although that may start cribbing the look of the ae86 a bit tooooooo much...

Absolutely YES on those fogs!

Hey doug, the 86 trueno levin you're basing your car off is from an anime series called 'Initial D'. Just been rewatching it and just remembered/seen again that in the early episodes they refer to it as 'The panda Eight-Six'
Isn't that the one written/illustrated by Shuichi Shigeno? I don't actually watch/read anime but I remember his car being on Gran Turismo 4 & 5 as a special edition, and it being worth a lot more to sell than the standard ae86 corolla :p

Better than the fat chin on.the super s imo, that's the thing I don't like about those bumpers, the fat chin. Otherwise they're perfect

Well you already have the vibe/ss spoiler, what about (orange of course):
!BdtD4RwB2k~$(KGrHqEH-EEErfLL62)OBK6G0,JuTw~~_12.JPG

And a nismo front chin spoiler on Pov spec bumper:
tumblr_md89h0d6Zh1reuv2wo1_500.jpg

Although that may start cribbing the look of the ae86 a bit tooooooo much...

There real cool mate! The fogs look dear tho :D im unsure i would get a splitter on tbh, i have trouble as it is but can always try

Unsure how to do this voting pants, but who thinks i should....

• Keep my petrol cap black?
  • Change it to my spare white one?
(Note that the hinge on my white broke has sort of broke hence another reason that the black one is on) :)

Unsure how to do this voting pants, but who thinks i should....

• Keep my petrol cap black?
  • Change it to my spare white one?
(Note that the hinge on my white broke has sort of broke hence another reason that the black one is on) :)

Dont worry doug you'll make the right choice, i'm still deciding which engine to run, what intake to use, and whether to build high comp or standard comp depending on whether i turbo or not later :p fuel caps are small change! But tbh i quite like the black one atm and personally wouldnt faff changing it :)

Dont worry doug you'll make the right choice, i'm still deciding which engine to run, what intake to use, and whether to build high comp or standard comp depending on whether i turbo or not later :p fuel caps are small change! But tbh i quite like the black one atm and personally wouldnt faff changing it :)
Huh?? You're doing an engine swap and think changing a filler cap is a "faff" ????????? :confused: ;)

2 minuet job tho ayit! :)

(fuel cap that is :D)

Huh?? You're doing an engine swap and think changing a filler cap is a "faff" ????????? :confused: ;)
Haha, i said theyre small change :p for me the fact i even have one is almost remarkable, what colour it is is fairly irrelevant. White OR black look good, and tbh both colours suit any car so i would only worry changing it if it was a horrible neon pink instead :p.
Anyway the engine change is done now :) just gotta get used to more casual gearchanges for a while as the torque slips the clutch in 2nd and third if i change and throttle early like i used to. Maybe these jap spec engines really do have better output!

Haha, i said theyre small change :p for me the fact i even have one is almost remarkable, what colour it is is fairly irrelevant. White OR black look good, and tbh both colours suit any car so i would only worry changing it if it was a horrible neon pink instead :p.
Anyway the engine change is done now :) just gotta get used to more casual gearchanges for a while as the torque slips the clutch in 2nd and third if i change and throttle early like i used to. Maybe these jap spec engines really do have better output!

Do you need a shovel for that hole your in Joe :p

Well done on the engine swap Joe :cool: Definitely worthwhile then? What gearbox you using and did you fit a new clutch while it was apart?

Well done on the engine swap Joe :cool: Definitely worthwhile then? What gearbox you using and did you fit a new clutch while it was apart?
Cheers :) definitely worthwhile, loads more power. I'm still using my standard box as running any "better" ones would mean changing driveshafts and stuff or converting to electric speedo, and same clutch, turns out the new one i have is actually a 180mm one so i'll need to have a play with it and do myself a hybrid before i can fit it. Still... thats nothing compared to changing the whole engine :p.

Anyway im spamming too now so stop asking questions :p.
I like the new paint doug :)

Better than the fat chin on.the super s imo, that's the thing I don't like about those bumpers, the fat chin. Otherwise they're perfect

That's it - I've just realised - that's what I don't like about the Super-S bumpers. That and the rear bumper is too deep, making the car look like it's drooping down at each end when viewed in profile.

That's it - I've just realised - that's what I don't like about the Super-S bumpers. That and the rear bumper is too deep, making the car look like it's drooping down at each end when viewed in profile.
Glad I could help :p
You still got your pov spec ones then? I did prefer those on your car, very retro with the old slots, or if you do the wellers black.

Back