Double din?

Robert

Ex. Club Member
So here's my current setup:

PICT0040.jpg

The headunit itself is starting to pack in though and i dont think there's much i can do about it, so I've been looking around at what else is around at the minute and i like the looks of some of the double din units..
I'm happy to do some work to the centre console fascia bit, but is there anything else stopping me from hacking out the middle bit where the headunit usually sits and squeezing a double din unit in there? If it will even fit..

Does anyone have a double din unit sat around that they could give me some dimensions for?

It's just two dins innit? So measure the height of one, and multiply it by two. Is there even any room behind there to fit it in?

Thats what i was thinking it'd be, but wanted to double check!
I'm sure i could make some room.. :glance:

Yeah. All these things are standard measurements.

You Din facia bit is turned upside down anyway isn't it? So if you can fit your DVD player in where it's not meant to be, then there'll be a space where a CD player is meant to be above it?

Yeah I'm pretty sure it'l be fine. There's a bit of plastic running across the dashboard behind the centre fascia, but i cut that out when i flipped this one upside down, so i can't really see there being any problems..
Just had a quick measure of a spare fascia i've got kicking around and it's about 4.5" in height.. Single DIN is just over 2" so it should fit in :D

Swish.

If not, I'm sure you can bodge it or something.

You might have fun getting a cage/mount in there though. I dunno though.

Back