doors

sorry if am doin alot of posting and your gettin bored but how do you take the insides of the door off? theres two screws holdin the handle in, but whenn i take them off it looks like i have to take the window winder off too, but i dont know how :(

The top cap of the armrest (the actual bit that your elbow rests on, not the side). You need to pull that upwards, and that'll reveal more screws!

The top cap of the armrest (the actual bit that your elbow rests on, not the side). You need to pull that upwards, and that'll reveal more screws!

its probably the pov-spec like mine, with only 2 screws.
and there,s a circlip behind the winder, that you have to fish out lucasmax :)

Though it's not a circlip you need circlip pliers for. Just push it out with a screwdriver.

The two screws through the door handle. Then either get a screwdriver, and pry all the christmas tree clips out from round the bottom and sides, or use a special trim piece remover, that tends not to leave so many dents etc, although it doens't really matter with a door card.

Then, sort of, lift up and outwards, to get it out of the top of the door.

Putting it back in, i dunno if other people agree, but i've always found it easier with the window wound down.

These things hold the winder on.
I usually use a loop of thin wire or fishing line.
Clip back on to the spindle before pushing the winder back on.

41993d1193725841-removing-vt-window-winder-e3_1.jpg

Back