Doors Sagging

Hi guys! Right I've recently replaced my two front doors, (3dr K11) however they seem to be sagging a considerable amout - as in they clunk before they shut lol!

Basically, how can I sort this?

Cheers

Try...

Remove wing
Open door half way
Trolley jack lifted so it's just resting under the door (furthest corner from hinge)
Loosen hinge bolts on the body (only enough to allow movement)
Lift door with trolley jack
Tighten bolts whilst door is lifted
Lower jack

If that doesn't work you'll need to find better hinges at a scrappy

Try...

Remove wing
Open door half way
Trolley jack lifted so it's just resting under the door (furthest corner from hinge)
Loosen hinge bolts on the body (only enough to allow movement)
Lift door with trolley jack
Tighten bolts whilst door is lifted
Lower jack

If that doesn't work you'll need to find better hinges at a scrappy
This!
I think we need an official guide for this as this is a common issue!

Had the same issue, doors were misaligned and would clunk when shut (or even not close if car is parked on a curb without lifting the door up). I did exacly what karlj said, didnt use a jack though. No need to be honest. Just open the window, lossen the bolts, get you shoulder into the window and lift the door, with the other hand tighten the bolts. Just dont go too far or the door would be too high and still clunk, if it does just repeat the steps only this time lowering the door.

Hope this helps, unfortunately previous owner didnt bother fixing this so now the bottom of my passanger door is a bit scratched up on the inside.

I used a scissor jack - easily accessible because my trolley jack is at the top of the garden which is a full 5 minutes away lol! Worked and was simple enough! Very chuffed indeed since I just resprayed the doors lol

Had the same issue, doors were misaligned and would clunk when shut (or even not close if car is parked on a curb without lifting the door up). I did exacly what karlj said, didnt use a jack though. No need to be honest. Just open the window, lossen the bolts, get you shoulder into the window and lift the door, with the other hand tighten the bolts. Just dont go too far or the door would be too high and still clunk, if it does just repeat the steps only this time lowering the door.

Hope this helps, unfortunately previous owner didnt bother fixing this so now the bottom of my passanger door is a bit scratched up on the inside.

I used a jack because I don't like unnecessary physical work, it also allows you to tighten the hinge bolts without the door dropping again

I used a jack because I don't like unnecessary physical work, it also allows you to tighten the hinge bolts without the door dropping again

Yeah, I see what you mean. The jack is better anyway since it keeps the door still. It might scratch the paint though :D

Back