Doors Locked - Key Fob Won't Work - How do I get in?

A

Altac

So, I've been away for a while and besides a few cobwebs beatifully decorating the side view mirror my micra looks great. Only thing is that I can't get in to drive it! I locked the doors before I left (my bad) and now they won't open. I only just noticed that there are no external mechanical door locks on my 2003 Micra K12 automatic. :ghostface
Back in the old days, when I drove a 1964 Ford Mustang, this wouldn't have been a problem. Just pop the hood, jump the battery, and the door locks would open. Then again there was no remote control on those electronic locks.

But now the bonnet latch is inside the car and I can't get inside the car because the doors are locked. I changed the battery in the key fob, just in case, but that didn't help.
Any suggestions for how to open the bonnet ?

theres always brick VS window

think you might be able to squeeze up from under the car threw the engine bay and pop the bonnet that way....bit of long shot tho but can be done on some cars

OP
OP
A

Altac

Using a brick is tempting ..... Anyone have a pic of the lock mechanism? Would there be a way to slip a wire or screwdriver between the bonnet and grill to open?

mean micra

www.mightymicra.co.uk
can you not gain access via the boot... will key not open this mechanically???

if not smash rear 1/4 like alienphil said...

I was aware there is an emergancy key access on the passenger door. If you look at the handle there is a cover where you can pop off and the key is behind that to gain access!!

Jason

OP
OP
A

Altac

Jason:

Thanks a million !!! Found the access panel and the mechanical key worked perfectly.

Now on to the jumper cables.......

Thanks again for your help !

Jason0121 said:
I was aware there is an emergancy key access on the passenger door. If you look at the handle there is a cover where you can pop off and the key is behind that to gain access!!

Jason

Good bit of information there

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
yup theres an emergancy acess lock in the passenger door handle, glad you found it before resorting to the brick lol

mean micra - the boot lock it electronic, no keys.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Jason0121 said:

Jason

Great advice!

Suggesting a brick is stupid. Breakdown companies are also able to get into cars quite easily