Door hanging low

JayY

Owner of The Black Beauty
My drivers side is annoying me. it is lower than its suppossed to be and theres a little gap at the top of the door, and when i close it i can feel the door hitting the wrong part of the lock, im pretty sure its the pin or the hinge. anyone replaced these before? ian, i read on your ebay thing that you replaced it, is it easy to do? thanks :)

Paynee

Ex. Club Member
i had to replace my door hinges when i first got my car, cost about £40 from nissan for a full set of hinges, apparently the pins in hinges wearing is a common fault. pretty easy to do, the only thing is holding the door up while trying to put the doors back on cus they weigh quite a bit, also bit of a tw@ to get the gaps around the door right.

yeh i got this same problem now for a while Jay. I worried about it at first, then learnt to live with it. I just put sum upward force on the door whilst closing it and then it doesn't hit the lock in the wrong manner like you say.

Titch

Micra K11ng
I've got the same problem to - the drivers door always clunks, but cant be arsed to fix it at the moment, need to save up first!
As far as i know, all you need is new door pins.

Paynee

Ex. Club Member
Titch said:
As far as i know, all you need is new door pins.

iv heard this aswell titch but as far as i could see when i took my old hinges off it doesnt look as though the pins are removable

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
pins are removeable and yes this fixes the problem.

£10 a side to get new ones direct from nissan. knock off the circlip on the end of the inner pins. then push the old out, the new in. and hey presto non sagging doors :)

happens on most cars. but yet again seems to happen more to the micras.
the k10's are especially bad for this!!

wayne

edit: just to say why it does this. when opening and closing the door. after time it wears a slight ring out of the pin were it rotates around the hinge causing it to become slack inside the hinge :)

| |
==] | | [==== <--hinge
| |
| | <---pin

for example ;)

Ian

Ex. Club Member
yeah i bought a new top hinge for my door. Took away about 95% of the droppage. Door shuts great now :)

You really gotta take the wing off todo it though. Then just shut the door and remove the hinge :)