Door Handle

Dave_Ally

Ex. Club Member
Hi, my exterior door handle has cracked on the hinge it connects to on the left hand side so looks like I need to take it off to fix it (hope I can fix it or Nissan sell replacement chrome door handles! :down: ). I have got most of the door card off - including armrest, unplugging electric windows and removing screws. The only thing holding it on is at the very top of the door card and I cannot for the life of me prise it off (don't want to snap it!) The rest of the main part of the door card has popped off, is the very top held on in some other way? Any assistance appreciated, it's a 2000 Micra SE+.

could possibly be tucked it and form part of the top of the door take the windor down or remove the interior wing mirror cover thiing, hopse that help cheers

have you taken the plastic surround to the handle off?
why not just get one from the breakers yard? they do tend to break there so i would get a couple if you can, i have now run out of my spares otherwise i would offer you one.

Yeah, have taken the plastic surround for the interior handle off it's literally being held on by the very top of the door card, will have a look and see if it's stuck to something or held by the mirror cover. Can't get one from the breakers, because they're the chrome effect handles from Nissan. Last time I was there every single one had the black plastic handles.

practice taken them off at the scrappy then you wont brake yours :D
then go buy some chrome paint.
good luck! (Y)

once you have popped all the clips it just lifts upwards dave surely ? (then 2 x 10mm nuts and flick the clip off the rod iirc)

Thanks guys, got the door card off now so at least I can drive around in it until I get it properly fixed. :laugh:

It did need lifting frank but it was a bit stuck on the right hand side of the rubber trim. Cheers for that :grinning:

Im not 100% sure, but does the chrome bit not just stick onto a normal door handle? Thought they were an optional extra you could buy afterwards like the other chrome bits.

Just you might be able to get it off, assuming the chrome bit hasnt cracked :)

Nah they are one unit, I think they are just the same as the black door handles but in chrome instead. The only bit thats cracked is at the back left where it connects to the hinge.

Just a quick update, all is fixed now and it's stronger than ever. Used araldite 2-part glue on it and it's almost like new. (Y)

Back