Door Card's removal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ems

Ex. Club Member
Ok i've had a look at the old threads but can't find any info to help me.

I need to remove the door cards for spraying and i'm told the door panel pop's on and off! Well i can only get the bottom part to pop off!!! How do i take the top part off and do i need to take the window winders off to do this?.

Also, i want to spray the interior of the door black but what paint would i use as it's a fabric sort of plastic with a velvety grey strip?!!!!

Cheer's

Yeah you need to remove the window winder handle, but this could be a bit tricky, but you need to prise a little metal clip from the inside of the winder using some wire or something like that.

You can then just pop the doorcards off without any bother, just don't pull too hard or you could rip the popper out of the doorcard. :)

Yeah you need to take the door handle off. There is a clip which is very fiddly which if you pull the door handle away from the doorcard you will see. You need to put a screwdriver down the back and push the circular bit in to the door handle if that makes sense!!! You will understand what I mean when you see it hopefully. When you push it in the handle should pull off. Then just undo the poppers, release the door handle, take the screws out of the arm rest and pull the doorcards upwards to get them over the lip of the door. :) Hope this helps. :)

Ok cheer's guy's, will have a go and let u know how i got on!!!!

Any info on the paint side of it?

if i were you ems id recover your current door cards, i recovered my old ones with acoustic carpet and they looked great ill try and find some pictures i got loads on a cd somewhere as well as a dvd my dad made of my old k10 :D

Speedle said:
if i were you ems id recover your current door cards, i recovered my old ones with acoustic carpet and they looked great ill try and find some pictures i got loads on a cd somewhere as well as a dvd my dad made of my old k10 :D

Sounds interesting!!!!!! Never thought of that 1 and don't know of anyone who's done it either. Will have a good look at the pic's when u get them posted.

How did it go? I managed to rip the tops on my door cards being too hasty getting them off during C/L mod

Kyle said:
How did it go? I managed to rip the tops on my door cards being too hasty getting them off during C/L mod

I haven't actually got round to it yet as fund's have been pretty tight. Will b doin it as soon as i have the paint etc. Actually more interested in gettin the whole of the dash done at the mo!! Will post up some pic's when i finally get round to doin it!! :)

How did u rip yours then? Getting a bit inpatient were u!!!!! :grinning:

I've ripped doorcards in the scrappies before trying to take them off. The thing about some models is the foamy stuff is glued to the metal so when you peel it off, even slowly, it tears.

Arnold said:
I've ripped doorcards in the scrappies before trying to take them off. The thing about some models is the foamy stuff is glued to the metal so when you peel it off, even slowly, it tears.

U can come and do mine then, coz if u rip it i can blame u!!! :p

i did the same i used black carpet on mine and replaced my window winders with allumium ones cos i am changeing my interer black and silver with blue lights it is looking good at the moment

i use a pretty nice trick for taking the winder clip off...

use a legnth of thread and loop it over one side of the clip then just pull it off...

works a treat :)

james betley said:
i did the same i used black carpet on mine and replaced my window winders with allumium ones cos i am changeing my interer black and silver with blue lights it is looking good at the moment

Not those cheap aluminium ones off ebay i hope! lol - any pics of your progress? stick them on www.moddedmicras.co.uk/upload

I think a small screwdriver is the easiest way to get them off.

try and get a hook and slide it down the side of the winder.U will see a metal ring hook that and pull it straight up.watch though because the thing is spring loaded and can fly away and you dont want to lose it.

I've just removed my door cards, once you can find the little gold coloured pin in the window winder and removed the lock cover, the handle, and pulled the cards off the clips they're easy.

Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back