Door cards rattling with the Bass

silento

Ex. Club Member
I have a problem and it's really driving me insane. Bought some pretty good front speakers but any time I turn the music above medium loudness it makes the door cards rattle or buzz. Music with a bit of bass obviously. It stops if I apply pressure with my hand. I've made sure theres nothing loose in there. All screws and bolts are fully tight, and i've put dynamat on the inner and outer door panels, an extra layer of dynamat between the speaker and the mounting plate. Even the door card push clips are pushed into the dynamat to help dampen vibrations.

Im starting to think I may need to make a reinforcemet or thicker door cards to support the extra sound. If that's the way to go what would be an appropriate type and thickness?

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. I got some JVC speakers and head unit and I've had exactly the same problem since. Even when it's a mediocre cruising volume if I put bass boost on it's the same. Even certain songs without bass boost on are the same. Is it both your doors or only one? For me it's the driver side only. I haven't put any dynamat on though

Haven't got any foam, but put a layer of dynamat on the back of both door cards. Improved a lot but still not perfect. Is nobody else having similar problems?

You'd be far better off putting the dynamat on the door metal, that's what's vibrating :).

Back